S

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 9th, 2022 9:53 AM

Closed

My upload speed cuts out randomly

For about a month or two (I forget exactly when it started) My upload speed has been cutting out (down to 0.08) for about 20 seconds. It happens at least once an hour. 

My download speeds are fine and unaffected when this happens. 

I know its not the following:

• hardware issue (this happens on every device, all drivers are updated)
  • modem/router issue: Has been replaced 3 times and I've used different cables every time.
  • modem/router location: this only started after Xfinity did a long scheduled outage for maintenance. I also have tried multiple outlets and both coaxial outlets after this problem started.

I have no clue what could be causing this.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @slugz5! Thank you for reaching out to our community forums for assistance with the upload speed issue you're experiencing. I appreciate you taking the steps to eliminate possible causes. I'd like to further troubleshoot on our end. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

2 years ago

@slugz5 @XfinityBiancaB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I've the same problem. At random times speed drops to 1 to 10 Mbps. Another slow down started happening on a Sunday at 1pm.  If I'm on a video conf call, it is a pain. Basically roll of a dice if speed gets laggy.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your connection,@user_8f32e4. What type of Modem or Gateway configuration are you using, and what are your normal speeds? Is it the Upload or download speeds that are having the issue? Are you connected to any type of VPN (Virtual Private Network) when this happens? 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is also happening to me. It's been going on for a little over a week. I can no longer livestream without it causing the stream to drop. I haven't received any assistance or read up on any solutions to this. Please let me know if there's any help you can provide.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

@tteles.

Our team can help ensure your signal levels are within specs. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

128 Messages

2 years ago

I am following this because this sounds similar to mine. I got a text saying they were doing work in late September. Ever since then I've had stream drops and frequent t3 timeouts on modem log. Replaced everything, techs replaced what they can etc.

If you get a solution plz post it here. I will do the same. Out of curiosity do you happen to be in northern Illinois as well?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

+1 to the above. Randomly cuts out multiple times during video calls. Incoming audio is fine but my mic becomes garbled or cuts out entirely. Exact same thing happens on my wife's calls as well at the same time.

Equipment replaced, multiple technician visits, and no improvement.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi @danb0934! Sorry to hear you're also having this issue! 

Have you by chance been able to check the event logs for your device? If so, does anything look out of the ordinary? You can also post them here, just please make sure to remove any private/identifying information like the MAC address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here