OldeFatGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Monday, July 1st, 2024 4:42 PM

Closed

My New Router/Modem

So I've been with this new setup for a couple of weeks now, and there is something very wrong.  At first I thought it was just constantly going in and out when I was here at xfinity, and thought the problem likely on your end.  But no, it goes out constantly on reddit, on Steam, and pretty much everywhere I'm at.  It doesn't stay out long, but it goes in and out literally every few minutes.  Just for a second (for example, when reading my email a red banner saying "Offline" will appear for about 1 second then disappears) but it is CONSTANT.  The wi-fi symbol in the lower right corner switches from all bars to no internet, just for a second, and then goes back to normal.  All. Day. Long.  And I checked on my backup laptop, and the same occurs, so it is not the laptop(s) problem.

Is this just normal?  Because I didn't see this before the new setup.  Before the new setup, my concern was speed as my old router was down in the basement and on the complete diagonal opposite side of my house from my current laptop location.  The new setup has increased my speed significantly (it should, the laptops are literally within 6 to 8 feet of the router) but now I am constantly seeing the going in and out.  If this is normal for xfinity in this neighborhood, then I'll switch to Verizon after all.  If it's not normal for this neighborhood in rural western Loudoun County, VA, then I want it fixed.

Which is it?

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same issue and can’t find anyone to troubleshoot. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear about your internet issues @user_a0kwjb We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the Xfinity App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. Have you checked there yet? If no interruption, I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there @OldeFatGuy!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can with addressing your internet equipment concerns. No worries!  You have reached out to a team of experts here to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  So that we can take a look at what is happening, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details, and we can get the ball rolling.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have done as was suggested above about sending a direct message to Xfinity Support.  Just this morning, but I wanted to also post here that I am having a similar problem - in that the Wifi router won't connect properly to the devices I need (Jubilee TV console with a Roku plugged into that) - Jubilee TV support says:  the network doesn't allow internal communication between devices via IP - specifically the Jubilee TV Console is being 'bounced back' so to speak - and I was told by the Jubilee TV support team that I need to have at least the Jubilee TV IP whitelisted with the router - so that we can at least contact through that.   Without the IP connection - we have to do IR connection and that loses all sorts of abilities that the Jubilee TV device is supposed to be able to do to make Mom's life easier (she's 90 and this is a remote TV control situation for me to help her with it while I'm not there).  Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with connecting a device like this?  Also if anyone knows about whitelisting a device like this - or is that the same thing as assigning a port?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here