U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022 4:46 AM

Closed

My internet is only providing 1% speed of its plan

Hello, for the last months the internet at my house has been working seriously bad. Sometimes It loses its internet connection too often and we cannot use the online services at all. The other time the internet is so slow. Especially the download speed. I ran the speed test on the app multiple times a day and it says it is only providing 1% of my plan. the zip code is 77450 in Texas and I'm pretty sure it's not a rural area. Do you guys have any solution for this?

Official Employee

• 

925 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_be6312! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityChelseaB 

Why does this have to go private right away ? That kind of defeats the purpose of a public help forum such as this is, no ?... Why not ask some general self-troubleshooting things first which is in keeping with the intent of what these public help forums were designed for so that all readers here may benefit. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My internet comes into my house at 1.2-1.4gig, but my speed is only 50meg BUT it's intermittent where I get 10meg & up to 200meg. My old Infinity modem did the same. A tech came out & after replacing cat5 coaxial cables got 500 meg & said it's fixed. 30 minutes later it was back to 20 meg & speeds so low the video was going out on my TV. SO I upped my service to 1.2gig & coming into my house is ALWAYS 1.2-1.4gig, but my internet speeds are below 100meg. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob 

Official Employee

• 

779 Messages

Hello @user_fde209, Thanks for bringing this to our attention on our forums! I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your speeds after your service appointment. This is not the experience we want for you! I would like to review your account and recent tech notes as well. 

Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so that we can assist you further. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

Wonder how the original poster from 2 months ago @user_be6312 is making out ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here