D

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, October 24th, 2021 9:52 AM

Closed

My Helium miner is blocked by Xfinity

Hello I had my Bobcatminer running for 3 months with no issues and now Xfinity keeps blocking traffic to my device when I approved port forwarding for Port  44158,  firmware updates, ports 22 and 443 open Outbound.

My bobcatminer is relayed all traffic to my miner is blocked stating malicious ip attempts to access my device... I approved these port forwarding to my bobcatminer for can you please stop blocking my device from recieving packets thank you. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I am an Xfinity customer with a helium miner and when I port forward to  44158 Xfinity blocks all my traffic to my device, no matter what I do i am always relayed. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Blocked.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @Dwzcrypto. I see someone gave you a suggestion of adjusting our xFi advantage/security features. Did you follow those steps and if so, did you find a resolution? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityChristina

I dont see the response anywhere. What was the suggestion with the security? I am having the same issue as original poster. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same exact issue. Have you figured it out yet?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_12316d I reset my Xfi then deleted the port forwarding and put everything back again, so far it's not relayed but my miner hasn't earned anything in 24Hr. I put the port 44158/ UDP and created another port forward 1680/TCP hope it stays but not expecting much... hope this helps..

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I am making like .01 helium a day now. Should be much more than that. I have a new modem and router coming Friday, gonna try that. Not sure if its the Helium network or what. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I did read that Helium Network is partnered now with Dish. I wonder if Comcast is purposely nerfing Helium.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

It's possible, I have 8 devices close to my area less than 4 kilometers away and I been online over 3 months and never witnessed anyone..I also tried 2 different antennas.. This is just ridiculous at this rate it will take me 5 year's just to break even. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@Dwzcrypto I would like to look further into this if you are still having issues. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I saw a post on reddit about disabling advanced security. I just did it. Fingers crossed i wake up to beacons. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I did not wake to beacons. Ill be bridging the gateway to a router. Hopefully this works. 

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

Hello @Zombone, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums and for letting us know what you have tried to resolve the issue. Did bridging the gateway resolve the issue you were experiencing or is it still happening?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@Zombone

Did it work? I'm still relayed after a week. I've done port forwarding, DMZ and disabled advanced security. Do you have a Comcast modem or do you own your modem? I'm thinking of ditching the Comcast modem in favor of a store-bought to see if that fixes the issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Did that work for you? I am having the same issue. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@JeramyB I found resolution to the issue without needing to bridge my leased xfinity device.

These networking issues can be tough. Especially when it involves LoRa -> LAN -> ISP. I started my TS with security settings, then started looking for other potential issues I could fix. Following the steps below TCP 44158 was open on my public ip per yougetsignal. 

1. Reseve an ip for the device via the routers local ip in a browser

2. Use xfinity app to disable avanced security

3. Forward tcp 44158 to the device via the app

4. Back to the browser, move ipv4 security level to custom. 

Save all settings as they're applied. Restart the device after everything is done. Double-check hotspot is connected to the network, and verify the port is open at yougetsignal. 

Other changes I made involved mounting a 5.8dbi LoRaWAN antenna to my roof. No more miner in the window. This improved my witnessing greatly. 

The 4 steps above resolve the issue at the WAN connection. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a Nebra Helium gateway set up at my parents, who use xfinity. They started having television issues and Comcast is asking them to identify the unknown device.

Could the open port on the Nebra router be allowing hackers access to the TV?

I told them to unplug the miner for now and see if it improves. Don't want to share info with Comcast.

Also, I'd rather not have to relocate the miner elsewhere, but they love TV and this is a deal breaker. Any tips on isolating the unit from the rest of the network or common fixes to this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_cc9684 From my understanding no it cannot. You only open the port to the one device assigned to the IP you port forward. I could be wrong, good chance I am. haha but the TV box does not even connect through the internet modem so I would assume no one is hacking it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I too have been having the exact same issues. I've disabled the firewall, added port forwards, and still am relayed. I've just added my hotspot's IP to the DMZ. Let's see if that works?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey, @WereWolf757. Thanks for reaching our Community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue with your helium miner. Did adding the hotspot IP to the DMZworked? If not, we'd like to help.  

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

some try ATT&T ?

if comcast is closing port move to other company

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@WereWolf757 Did your miner start working? Mine finally did, I believe disabling advanced security and forwarding the port did it. My theory is it just takes time for the helium explorer website and the app to recognize your operating correctly. It took over a week for the website to update its status but the app said I was online several days prior. I came to this conclusion after analyzing my activity and others and determined I was getting paid "full rate" and not the relayed rate for almost a week prior to the website being updated.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem. Was talking with a great costumer rep and she contacted a technical support expert. They were working on the issue, put me on hold. But suddenly some other person picked up the call and she didn’t know a thing about what was going on. She wasn’t even from the tech department and couldn’t get me back to the people I was talking to. What should I do!?!?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_237df9 Did your miner start working? Mine finally did, I believe disabling advanced security and forwarding the port did it. My theory is it just takes time for the helium explorer website and the app to recognize your operating correctly. It took over a week for the website to update its status but the app said I was online several days prior. I came to this conclusion after analyzing my activity and others and determined I was getting paid "full rate" and not the relayed rate for almost a week prior to the website being updated. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@JeramyB I have been stuck in replayed for a week now. How do I forward my port?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

i am facing the same dilemma, i have done the port forwarding successfully and still my miner is being blocked by Xfinity

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_9a4b4a the agent that answered my call told me to find another provider…is at&t any better? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have been having problems since the day i have received the miner 8 days ago. I was able to do the port forwarding and it says open when i check my ip address via portchecker.co and still my miner is being relayed. I have suspended the xfinity security after finding out that xfinity kept blocking the traffic to my miner.

I am not sure what else i can do to resolve my issues. I have sent to xfinity support yesterday and until now no one has answered me. 

Official Employee

• 

616 Messages

@user_9a4b4a As a reminder, sending unsolicited Direct Messages to anyone (including Xfinity Support) is a violation of the Xfinity Forum Guidelines. If you are looking for individual support, please create your own post with as much (non-personal) information about the issue as you can. Otherwise, feel free to engage with the community to find a solution.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_9a4b4a Did your miner start working? Mine finally did, I believe disabling advanced security and forwarding the port did it. My theory is it just takes time for the helium explorer website and the app to recognize your operating correctly. It took over a week for the website to update its status but the app said I was online several days prior. I came to this conclusion after analyzing my activity and others and determined I was getting paid "full rate" and not the relayed rate for almost a week prior to the website being updated. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was running into this problem and ultimately setting my xfinity as a DMZ solved things. But it did take a few days or maybe over a week before the miner no longer said it was relayed. I am not using WiFi via xfinity but am using the xfinity provided cable modem. So I had to do port forwarding rules on my non xfinity router. 

Hope that helps someone else in their attempts to get this working. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_5dd688 What do you mean when you say "setting my xfinity" I understand the DMZ part. Would that be "Local Host" on my device list? Thanks in advance. I am hoping that you have the key to my issue!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue i guess,  plugged in the Bobcat on Thursday and was running and connected fine until earlier today.  I have a wireless router and i confirmed that it is connected but i get the traffic being relayed  in other words no connection to the internet.

Lots of issues here, but where is comcast?   not seeing any help guys?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_8abddc  Did your miner start working? Mine finally did, I believe disabling advanced security and forwarding the port did it. My theory is it just takes time for the helium explorer website and the app to recognize your operating correctly. It took over a week for the website to update its status but the app said I was online several days prior. I came to this conclusion after analyzing my activity and others and determined I was getting paid "full rate" and not the relayed rate for almost a week prior to the website being updated. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same here,   was working for 3 days then all of the sudden blocked!

Where is comcast on this?  not seeing any help   other than  "did what the other rando guy say work"  

cmon guys   time to step up

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Here is how I  solved it 

attach a good wireless router to the modem because xfinity wireless sux 

port forwarding in the wireless router

change xfinity modem to bridge mode 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

My port has closed couple of times after doing Port Forwarding and suspending the security level from xfinity, any one else has noticed that?

i have talked to a Cyber Security expert and suggested that i get an external router and connect it to the xfinity modem and connect the miner to the external router. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

OMG I woke up today and I am finally not relayed in Helium explorer on my Xfinity router. You have no idea how long I've been working on this. Here are the steps:

1. You will need to reserve a static IP for your hotspot if you haven't done so already. Follow the logging into your router steps below to do this.
  2. If you have xFi advantage internet with the fancy router and advanced security, you need to turn off advanced security. You can find this at https://internet.xfinity.com/connect

3. Once you've turned off advanced security, on the same portal, click "see network" this will take you to another page then click "advanced"

4. In port forwarding, make sure that you don't have any port forwards listed in the table related to your helium miner. I'll explain why in the next step.

5. Go to the DMZ selection and add the reserved IP address (from step 1)  of your Helium Hotspot to the DMZ. I had my hotspot added to the DMZ but also had port forwards listed for over a week and was still relayed. You need to have your hotspot in the DMZ, but not listed in port forwards. Save everything and restart your gateway at this time. Its a good idea to go back through the above steps just to make sure they stuck!

6. Lastly, go into your router settings at 10.0.0.1 The default Xfinity router login is 'admin' for the default username and 'password' for the default password. (plenty of YT videos on this) and make sure that your IPV4 firewall settings are set to at least as low as "Minimum Security" (Low) Other settings may work but at this point mine is working and I'm not taking any chances. It is a good idea to change your default router password at this time. Save these settings and just for good measure, reboot your gateway again.

7. Reboot your Helium hotspot as well as any Xfinity pods you have. Better safe than sorry!
  8. Finally, since you just demolished your networks security to make your stupid hotspot work, go get a VPN for all your other devices!

9. It will take a minimum of 4 hours for you to show up as not relayed on Helium explorer and most people report it taking up to a week. Be patient!Best of luck and Happy Helium Hotspotting!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@WereWolf757

Is it still working for you?  Does it still not say "relayed"?

Do you know if this worked for other people?

I have the Xfinity XB7-T Gateway.  Is this what you have? Or do you have an older model?  Or do you have a separate wifi router? 

Lastly...

"

1. You will need to reserve a static IP for your hotspot if you haven't done so already. Follow the logging into your router steps below to do this."

What are the steps?  Is there a link?

I logged into the 10.0.0.1 link in my web browser's search bar.  I think I reserved a static IP here.  Is this what you meant?  I also changed the "DHCPv4 Lease Time" from 2 days to forever.  What do you think?

Thank you so much!  I've been at this for days!! ugh lol

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@WereWolf757​ Hi, thanks for taking the time to help the rest of us out. I got my bobcat about a week ago and their customer service is a joke. My problem is that my miner isn't recognized by my comcast gateway, or at least not that I can tell. I logged in to my gateway and there isn't anything labeled bobcat or miner or bobcat miner, in my devices. The light on my miner won't turn blue no matter what I've tried so far, it's always yellow/green (I can't tell what color it is exactly but it's either yellow or green). It has been red a couple of times during my many set up attempts. Anyway, I can't find the IP address for my miner. Do you have any ideas about how I can find it?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I don't get it.... Turn off port forwards and turn on DMz? I set my device from DHCN to Reserved IP. Cause there's no other way to set a static IP with Comcast manually. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_ee67ce generally, if youre configuring a static IP its outside the dhcp range and the config is done on the device. Its better practice and easier to reserve an ip for a given mac address. This also tends to rule out ip conflicts. 

Do not dmz. Forward TCP 44158 to the device after the address is reserved. In the app disable advanced security, in the modems config page 10.0.0.1 set security level to custom. Save and restart. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

What does setting the security level to custom do? Also, if you just turn off advanced security doesnt it make your network vulnerable? How is this better than DMZ? The other day I saw IP's from other countries (China, etc) pinging the helium hotspot and advanced security blocked them. Also, just to be clear, the Reserved IP will not work in this case? Because I am in the same boat and have not found any other way to create a static IP other than making the device Reserved IP.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@mm__21​ Did you ever get your miner working? I've tried everything I could find on the internet and I can't get mine to go into bluetooth mode. Also, I've had my advanced security off for years and I'm not vulnerable because I have a VPN. They are pretty cheap and very effective.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I am in the same boat. FreedomFi hotspot is stuck in Relayed status. I disabled Advanced Security and enabled the port forward (44158,) but it is not functioning properly. 

http://app.heliumstatus.io is a good place to check in real-time (versus the Helium app, which relies on its API and a little slow to update.) My hotspot, Clean Rose Mole, continues to show "offline" (thus the Relayed) status despite being plugged in to the router by ethernet and clearly showing in the xFi app as a connected device. 

Very frustrating. I started to wade into the Discord messages, but that is just too overwhelming. This should be easier. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@mjboh3 Good grief, how did you actually get your hands onto a FreedomFi?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@mjboh3 The entire network has been down for over 24 hrs. They've sent out over 10 emails in the past 24hrs about networks issues, I'm not online either according to the website you posted and as I look around on explorer.helium.com no one in my area is earning hnt at the moment.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

I'm back and working! Just posted my solution below. I think it's easier than some of the proposed solutions. 

@WereWolf757 I got on the waitlist early and received it recently. Don't have any 5G gear-- just running a regular LoRa hotspot with it for now. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@mjboh3 what was your solutions? I have tried everything that people are saying and still nothing. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Good Grief Charlie Brown. I am following all the frustrated attempts to fix this issue, that I am having as well.

I will post here when I hopefully resolve this. I am on my final step hopefully. Everyone's suggestion was very useful. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here