U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 26th, 2021 11:38 PM

Closed

Motorola MB7621 slow speed

I upgraded to the 600Mbps (from 200Mbps) plan and also upgraded my modem to a MB7621 (from a MB7220).  The new modem is online but only reaches speeds of 350Mbps.  A technician verified the signal at my house is fine (1300 at the modem coax cable).  The Config file I have is "d11_m_mb7621_fast_c01.cm".  He basically told me the modem is no good, although it's on the Xfinity page as compatible with the 600Mpbs plan, any ideas on what I should try next?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I basically have the same issue.

The information about this modem is not consistent online.

I brought from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-MB7621-Approved-Spectrum-Downloads/dp/B077BL65HS?th=1

This page says it can go up to 900 Mbps.

But Motorola official page describes the accurate information 300 Mbps that matches with the actual speed I tested.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_69d679. Thanks for letting us know. That boot file is incorrect and we can help! Send a direct message with your name and address. 

Make sure you are signed in.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have exactly the same issues at noted above. The tech was at my house this morning and the incoming speed was 1.3 gbps.       Who must change the boot file?   Will Comcast since I purchased the modem?    Is it in the Comcast configuration?

craig

Expert

• 

104.5K Messages

@user_3fbfc2​ 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 2-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here