Rkdigital's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, June 7th, 2024 7:40 AM

Modem Resets multiple times a day, control channel has millions of errors per minute!

I've tried calling several times, the line has been replaced at the house, issue still persists, multiple connections (up to 15 disconnects a day), 3rd modem in the last year....

See this screenshot from my modem diagnostics, looks to be the control channel is having over 1 million corrected packets per minute (based upon my calculations).

Here is the same screen from several months ago, prior to replacement of the underground cable:

So I still have a serious issue, and is not being resolved.  Modem resetting multiple times a day is non sense in this day and age, WHY, and who can help?  Please feel free to reach out to me directly at:

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Thank you for your help in advance.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @Rkdigital how are you? I realize your days at home will improve once your Xfinity internet starts working better. Since you've had multiple modems, and the issue still occurs after the line has been replaced send us a Direct Message so we can take a closer look at your account. It's likely we will schedule a follow-up appointment. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I would, except you don't show up in the direct message system as a user, I see XfinityJosephB, but not you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for trying to contact us and for being proactive on this. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

Many times you don't get the same rep. You need to use the "Xfinity Support" name as stated by the employee. And you will get the next available rep. The original rep may have gone off duty. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here