U

Monday, June 3rd, 2024 4:01 AM

Closed

Modem is blinking orange light for new setup

Hi, I am trying to activating modem for the first time at my new place. I followed all the instructions showing in Xfinity app for gateway activation but modem is blinking orange light instead of white light. Can you please let me know the problem?? I have schedule appointment but I got appointment date after two days, it will be difficult to stay without internet for 2 days. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum @user_fpofl0!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in addressing your internet service concerns.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to help get things squared away.  We see some time has passed since your post.  Have you been able to set the device up using the Xfinity app?

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

3 months ago

@user_fpofl0 

If this is a new service / move in, the other end of the line has probably been disconnected from the Comcast feed. It's quite typical. You likely need that tech out to reconnect your premises to the active Comcast feed at the tap. You won't be able to activate the service with the app if the line is not connected to the system. Good luck ! And please post back here with how things turn out.

(edited)

1 Message

Thank you for posting this response. I had the same problem as the previous post, and this is just what I needed to know. 

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

13 days ago

@user_3t64ab 

Quite welcome ! The original poster has not returned. 3-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here