U

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2023 6:35 PM

Closed

MB8611 solution?

Has anyone been able to get Xfinity to address the MB8611 disconnect issues? I've gotten Motorola reps to look at my connection and event log pages to tell me what is going on but all I get from Xfinity is that there is nothing wrong with the signal. I've even filed an FCC complaint and after a few emails I've been ghosted by the executive customer service rep.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

1 year ago

The Comcast case manager got back to me and said that the modem is being removed from the Xfinity approved modems list. I was able to get credit for the modem on my account.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_db1346

The Comcast case manager got back to me and said that the modem is being removed from the Xfinity approved modems list. I was able to get credit for the modem on my account.

Is this true? I gave up on my MB8611 a few weeks ago, but would be interested to see this actually confirmed by a Comcast rep.

If it's true, then it will be the second modem I have ever seen that ended up being a "lemon", the first being the SB6190 way back when.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@user_6ff608​ she said that Motorola and Comcast are working on it but there won't be a solution anytime soon.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Gotya.

I will say that i was also given a $25credit on my account as well. I never asked, i just called in to swap modems and when they asked why i was changing i mentioned the chronic reboot issues. The rep seemed to know what i was talking about and immediately offered the credit.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_db1346! Thank you for reaching out on community forum. We're happy to help you. 

Could you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and your full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@XfinityJennifer​ DM your support chat to get a response every few hours and eventually be told that there's nothing wrong with your service? I'd rather not waste my time.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

We absolutely want to help. Your satisfaction is always paramount. Please reach out if you do change your mind. Our team is always here to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

1 year ago

@user_db1346 @XfinityJennifer @XfinityThomasB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue. Xfinity rep said frequency was off and sent new signals that they claimed would fix the problem. I am still seeing errors and huge number of corrected and uncorrected errors. Is it time I just ditch this modem?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

@user_bsfarm, I would not necessarily say to "ditch" anything quite yet. I will however be more than happy to take a look at the details of your account though. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Where to go for 8611 solution?

i can repeat similar conversations w Xfinity but spotty connections are frustrating

nit sure I understand if the modem is not good w X and if so where or how to replace

thanks

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

7 months ago

@wallyec 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old / marked "Solved" dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here