U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 3:14 PM

Closed

Max download speed at my Xfinity modem is less than 100 Mbps - My plan is for up to 600 Mbps.

My download speed has dropped from 500Mbps+ to less than 100Mbps at the modem.  I have done all possible troubleshooting on my end, including speed tests and resetting the modem.  I previously was getting 500Mbps+ download in accordance with my plan confirmed with Speedtest.net.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@EG​ Thanks for your suggestion.  After disconnecting my wifi router from the modem to eliminate it as a potential problem source, I plugged my PC directly into my Xfinity modem via ethernet and then power cycled the modem, the internet speed remains less than 100Mbps at the modem.  My plan is for up to 600Mbps.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Same issue here, for 12 hrs a day my internet connection is less than 100 Mbps down when I pay for 400 mbps, during those times it will drop internet connection constantly 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @ubermk3. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us via Forums. You'll certainly find a lot of helpful discussions and if for any reason none of them work we are always more than happy to step in! @EG is one of our amazing experts that helps our community. ❤️

We'd like to take a closer look and the signal into the home. Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @ScruffyMonkey thank you for reaching out and sharing that you are having similar connection issues with speed and the service dropping out. If you have bypassed wireless connections / routers and are hardwired to the modem with a CAT5e or better ethernet cable and not using a VPN the trouble may be RF signal related to a connection issue with the wiring/splitters/amplifiers in or outside your home. I would love to help out and troubleshoot the intermittent/slow internet connection with you. I know it's a vital service and I want everyone to be working with the speed and reliable connection you should have. 

The link that @EG shared (Thanks @EG) Is extremely helpful since it goes over the hardwired connections and offers tips on troubleshooting the signal levels, physical connection/cable issues, security software, etc. It's a lot of information. I would be happy to walk you through the steps as well to help out with the process and get your connections back to where they should be. Send us a direct message with your name and service address. We will help out from there. 

Please send us "Xfinity Support" a direct message with your name and service address.
To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

2 years ago

@ubermk3 

As an additional point of troubleshooting that you can try. Ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to re-provision it from scratch. Also, ask them to confirm that the provisioning and the backend account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for your assistance, DM sent to Xfinity Support just now with further details.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thanks! I received your message and will be replying shortly @ubermk3

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here