U

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 7:03 PM

Manual device IP for LAN

My Playstation 5 is not being assigned an IP address when I try to make an automatic LAN connection. Manually setting the IP address also fails. First, I purchased a new cat6 cable and retried the automatic connect. That did not work. I modified the Xfinity Gateways DHCP range to begin at 10.0.0.5 and manually set the PS5 IP address to 10.0.0.3. I used the default address(10.0.0.1), subnet mask(255.255.255.0), and DNS server(75.75.75.75 primary, 75.75.76.76 secondary) that were displayed in the Xfinity app. When that did not work I reset the Xfinity Gateway and PS5 and tried again. When that did not work I tried googles DNS server(8.8.8.8). How can I connect my PS5 to the Xfinity gateway LAN with an Ethernet cable?

P.S. The Wifi connection is terrible even though it is less than 10 feet away from the gateway with direct line of sight.  The xfinity app always says there is a strong connection to the device and I am getting above advertised speeds. There are only two people in the household, we purchased the highest bandwidth plan available to us. There is very light network traffic when the ps5 is being used, it is not competing with other streaming or gaming devices. Thank you in advance

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

21 days ago

Hi there, @user_rglere, and thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! Have you checked out the information on how to connect PS5 via wired connection here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/connectivity/internet-connect-playstation/

2 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my issue. The link you provided describes the automatic connection I mentioned above. The automatic connection, as described in your link, is unsuccessful because the PS5 is unable to obtain an IP address. I then followed Playstation's instructions to setup a manual connection and that also fails.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You're welcome, user_rglere. Our team is here to help. Please follow these steps to 

set up a wired connection on PS5 consoles:

Connect to the internet using a LAN cable (for a wired connection) by following the steps below.

Go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
Select Set Up Wired LAN > Connect.
Please note: PS5 consoles support IPv6 network connections but do not support IPv6-only network connections. If your router is set to IPv6-only, please change your router settings to use IPv4. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here