U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 4:18 PM

Closed

Mac won't connect to xfinitywifi

Hi, my mac computer will not connect to the free hotspot xfinitywifi.  I should be able to access as I am a paying customer of xfinity and have been for years.  My mac however will not connect. Below is the screen that shows up.  There are no buttons, I cannot click or do anything, it's frozen. I have used multiple browsers, restarted, cleared cache, you name it - nothing works.  There is something flawed with the hot spot.  Can you please advise how to connect to it?  I need to access to this.  Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern, we ar happy to help you with getting connected to the local hot spot in your area. Can you tell us if you're using the Xfinity Hotspot app to get connected? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ I am not using an app.  Do I need to download an app on my MacBook to connect to it?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_21fd7b​ I just searched for an xfinity app on my MacBook and it doesn't exist, so I don't know what you are referring to.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_21fd7b​ So, there is an app for iPhone or an iPad.... but I am looking to connect to my desktop MacBook air.  thanks for any help.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_21fd7b ! Did you still need assistance? Let us know. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityBrianW​ yes i still need assistance.  No one has answered my question yet!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

That is the captive portal on the Mac.  It should attempt to contact a website from there an take you to a login page such as below.  If your mac is not redirecting, it maybe something on your Mac and not necessarily an Xfinity issue...

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there! Our team will be happy to help! What internet browser are you using? Our site works best with Chrome and IE. Firefox is not fully compatible, so that could be the reason you are not seeing an option to sign in. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here