user_drs321's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2024 5:26 PM

Closed

MAC Address Problem

My EPSON ET-4850 cannot connect to my WiFi network. The printer problem program identified the problem said it failed the MAC address filtering check. I enter the printer's name and MAC address in the XFinity router gateway as a valid MAC Address. I still get the MAC Address Filtering Check failure for my printer. How to I resolve the problem? When I look at the printer it recognizes my WiFi network, but cannot connect.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 months ago

@user_drs321 I have had a similar issue with my wireless printer. I had to reach out to the manufacture to update settings within the printers' app. Have you reached out to the manufacture for support?

(edited)

1 Message

Hi @XfinityDena  I also have similar problem with EPSON printer. Could you please give some more specific information as to what setting needed to be updated so I can also talk to EPSON about the same ? Appreciate your help.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

We installed the Epson printer at the beginning of the year. It worked fine until we shut off the router. Once we turned the router back on the connection no longer worked.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_drs321 are all of your other devices connected to the internet and working properly? If so you would need to reach out to the device manufacture to ask for help with connecting your printer. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_qzrjxx I have a link from our help and support site which goes over how to connect your printer at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/connect-wireless-devices-third-party-router. 

Did you recently get a new modem or make any changes to the firmware? I also have another link from the EPSON website about checking for updates https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43301/source/printers/source/troubleshooting/tasks/checking_updates_printer_nodash_utility.html. 

Have you checked your firewall settings?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Last weekend the problem went away. My wife decided to try to print something and the printer worked. I don't know why it suddenly started working again. It is working fine now.

1 Message

2 months ago

I just struggled with this same issue for the last 3 hours!  I finally found a solution.  It has NOTHING to do with MAC Address filtering!  My printer (and probably your's too) can ONLY connect to a 2.4 connection.  My router has both 2.4 and 5.  Named the same thing - it automatically assigns which network it thinks it should use.   Apparently, it thought the 5 was better.  But the printer disagrees.  How I fixed this: 

In my xfinity router gateway (put 10.0.0.1 into any web browser.  default log in is admin and password.) 

In the "Connection" drop down, go to Wi-Fi.

You'll see the 2 networks.  Mine are named the same, hence the problem.  And I cannot rename them.

Click "Edit" next to the 5 GHz network.

Select "Disable"

Then run the Network connection wizard on your printer. (Forcing it to connect to 2.4!)

Once it successfully connects, you should be able to re-enable the 5GHz network. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here