U

Monday, May 27th, 2024 8:12 PM

Loss of Connection Several Times Daily - High Upstream Power

My connectivity issues began following poor weather in the Houston area. I do not see any obvious signs of external wear on the line running into the house from the ground. The setup has been previously stable and good for nearly 2 years now with no real changes to equipment in the past >6 months. It would be nice to get a bit of guidance. I have included examples of the logs.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

3 months ago

... High Upstream Power ...

Indeed it is. Downstream signals look OK, but the upstream power level is way out of spec. Network connection problems like this are often due to poor coax connections or damaged coax cable, usually in or near your home. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Internet Troubleshooting Tips.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it and an employee does not respond to your message here, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. It's not likely they can fix the problem remotely. If not, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit (approx $100) unless you have their Service Protection Plan ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device or anything outside your home you shouldn't be charged.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for the response. I decided to reseat everything on the splitter in a different order and it seems to have resolved the issues for now. I am guessing I should go on and replace the splitter as Time Warner was the one who installed it and it was likely the cause of the issue.

Official Employee

• 

691 Messages

user_e946sc Hello, is everything working up to par

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here