U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 8:15 PM

Large file uploads fail 100% of the time

Any platform that uses AWS (Hubspot, for example) fails when uploading large files. The error is (failed) net::ERR_BAD_SSL_RECORD_MAC_ALERT or (failed) net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.Guess where I have 100% success? CenturyLink, Hotspot (AT&T), and Starlink. This has been on ongoing problem with Xfinity that they seemingly refuse to fix or don't know how to fix (I've raised the topic several times over the last year). And because there is no way to contact support, We're left with a forum of other users that have no ability to fix it. 

Support: are you listening? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_lbwdiv Thank you for taking the time to visit our Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you please elaborate more on what you have tried so far? 

9 Messages

@XfinityEva​ There is nothing to try on our end. I'm a Cisco engineer, I know routing very very well. This is a routing issue on your end, but nobody at Xfinity is willing to change my routing to fix it. MetroNet just pushed Fiber right through my back yard, so you've got about 2 weeks to fix it. My entire neighborhood is ready to walk away from Xfinity forever. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I do apologize for the inconvience this security error is causing you. This is a security error that we rarely see. There are several possible reasons that can cause the ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT error. Some common causes are:

1. An outdated version of the Google Chrome browser
  2. An outdated version of your Operating System
  3. A problematic antivirus or firewall program that intercepts the SSL traffic
  4. A problematic network adapter or Killer Network Card
  5. A router configuration that is not set correctly, such as MTU (maximum transmission unit) size.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ That's a nope to the first 4, and Xfinity users don't have access to that side of your hardware to set the MTU to 1400, yet even though I've requested this from support via a phone call, it never happened.

Again, works flawlessly when hotspotting (AT&T), When using CenturyLink (neighbors wifi), or using Starlink (my backup). I also have a friend across town that just left Xfinity for MetroNet, so I went over to his place on Sunday with my laptop to test. Flawless (and blazing fast). MetroNet doesn't light the fiber in my neighborhood for another 2ish weeks sadly. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_lbwdiv I was able to do some digging and found a previous post with a similar issue. Have you by chance checked out this post here: Can no longer copy large files 2GB and greater to Dropbox, Backblaze, or AWS after planned downtime to enhance the Xfinity network 9/13 

Also, that can be caused by background connection issues. Have you by chance check for packet loss I am curious if you are seeing any.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

9 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ I have zero uncorrectable errors on my end, signal strength is good, signal power is good. The one similarity is that this all started after Xfinity emailed me and told me I had to replace the modem/router as the one I was running out being phased out. I have been on the phone with xfinity support a few times where they have made changes to the router but that didn't fix anything. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_lbwdiv @XfinityWilliam 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

9 Messages

@EG​ Given my admonishment of Xfinity and their practices, in addition to what they will see as me promoting a direct competitor (even though I gave fair warning the clock was ticking), I have little doubt this entire thread will be deleted by someone at Xfinity. I have, however, taken screenshots should that happen and that will be Act II of my story on why to avoid Xfinity. ;) 

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

Same issues here. Super disappointed with Xfinity. If there's no solution from this thread or this thread becomes missing I won't hesitate to switch back to Verizon.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_7pur39. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with you Internet service. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here