A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 17th, 2023 7:55 PM

Closed

Is the Hitron CODA5719 compatible with Xfinity even though it is not on their approved modem list?

Recently, I noticed that Xfinity added the Hitron CODA5610Q to their approved modem list, which is great news. However, I currently own a Hitron CODA5719, which looks almost identical to the CODA5610Q but has some technical differences. The CODA5719 has a faster processor and more RAM than the CODA5610Q, making it capable of handling more demanding tasks and providing faster wireless speeds. However, the CODA5719 is also more expensive than the CODA5610Q.

Both modems have the same DOCSIS capabilities, supporting both 3.0 and 3.1. The only difference is that the CODA-5610 supports a software switchable 5-42MHz / 5-85MHz return path, while the CODA-5719 supports a software switchable 5-85MHz / 5-204MHz return path.

When I tried to activate my modem using the Xfinity app, I received a message stating that I am using an unapproved modem from their list. However, I have screenshots showing that the modem is registered in the Xfinity network, and I also received an activation page with a public IP address.

Can someone please clarify if the Hitron CODA5719 can be used with Xfinity, even though it is not currently on their approved modem list?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

1 year ago

@Adamantine , you would need to make sure that the modem you will be using is on the approved modem list otherwise it may not work, most likely due to software and possible firmware that is not necessarily supported by Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ Thank you for your response, I understand that you don't have a solid answer to my question, if Xfinity can't help me with this I will try to activate by my self this cable modem, will be very hard, but the main idea is to show that this cable modem is working with Xfinity network.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Adamantine Any modem can most likely get a signal if there is one and "work", even if not on the account. That is separate from why they are approved or not. We cannot guarantee performance or it correctly working and can't provide any support for a non-approved modem. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here