L

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 10:04 PM

Closed

Is the antenna in the xFi Pod directional?

I am considering installing xfi pods.  My home has cathedral ceilings with cross beams about 15 feet above the floor. I am considering placing a pod on top of one of these crossbeams in an electric outlet that is mounted horizontally there.  My question is:  Does the Pod use a directional antenna?  If so, in this horizontal application will the pod beam my wifi to the moon rather than the devices in my house?  Will this be poor/inefficient placement of the pod?  The location on top of the crossbeam has coverage benefits because it is centrally located in an open great room.  

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Larry_71 , thanks for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. Welcome to the community. You have brought up a great question. Let me say first, we really appreciate your interest in purchasing xFi Pods. To address your first question, the pods are round and do not have a directional antenna. I can't see why it would make a difference if the pod was plugged in horizontal or vertical. While the Xfinity Pods are versatile, they do have some physical limitations that are easy to follow.

• Pods should be about one room away, and about 20'-30' feet from your router.
  • Pods should be about half way between your devices and the router.
  • Pods should not be hidden behind dressers, tables, or other furniture.
  • Pods should not be on an outlet with a switch.

I hope this information will help you make an informed choice. Please follow this link for more xFi pod frequent questions https://comca.st/3zkUcqC

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here