U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 28th, 2021 4:55 PM

Closed

ipv6 works, ipv4 doesn’t after Xfinity maintenance

Title says it all. ipv6 works, ipv4 doesn’t. There was a scheduled maintenance in my area last night. Done all usual troubleshooting steps. Router gets v4 address. Can’t even ping the v4 gateway from my router. Suport is worse than useless. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I anyone at @Xfinity Support is paying attention, it is beyond a joke to be told again and again "you need a new router" in the same breath as "your modem looks fine."

IPv6 works fine. IPv4 works for things on Xfinity's network (e.g. I can traceroute to your DNS resolvers, 75.75.75.75) but anything off your network isn't reachable by IPv4.

But yeah, sure it's either the modem or maybe it's my computer (it's not.)

Your phone support are doing their best, I guess, but there's no escalation path and they refuse to entertain the notion that it could actually be a network issue.

Done with Xfinity. I wonder how soon AT&T can get out to my house? Anything is better than this. People depend on connectivity to work, this is not just a "meh, you can't use youtube" situation any more.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on our Forums page in regard to Ipv4 not working. We apologize for the delay and we certainly want to help! We also apologize for the internet issues you have been experiencing, we know the importance of having a solid and working connection, especially during the troubling times we're facing. We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer and would like to further troubleshoot this on our end. To best assist, please send us a Private Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here