U

Sunday, February 11th, 2024 12:14 AM

Internet upload speed

My plan is 400/100 but I'm only getting 400/10 speed.  I'm using Netgear CAX80 with docsis 3.1.  Why am I not getting 400/100?  Also, the xfinity assistant is purely useless.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

6 months ago

My plan is 400/100 but I'm only getting 400/10 speed.  I'm using Netgear CAX80 ...

... the xfinity assistant is purely useless.

Certainly, it leaves much to be desired.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

4 Messages

Actually, it is when I look there: https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices#auth, but again, the issue is to get help or information from xfinity.  So is there any plan or intention to allow the CAX80 to access the proper upload speed?  If not what is my best option that does not involve giving more money to xfinity?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

6 months ago

Actually, it is when I look there ...

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Approved" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "approved/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not "approved for the new higher upload speeds". For that, you need one of the devices shown with an upload speed rating in the .PDF and the Reddit links, which also lists other requirements for those speeds. Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Since they do not usually announce new approvals ahead of time, your only choices are to either wait until such time, if any, as they approve the CAX80 for higher upload speeds, or to purchase one of the few models already approved. They rarely tell us what's in the pipeline except in very general terms.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

Greetings, @user_v37nfr! It looks like @BruceW provided you with the best information we have on what customer owned and managed devices are approved for our Next Gen Speed tiers. We are continuing to work with manufactures to have more devices added to the list in the future. 

4 Messages

Hello XfinityMartyR,

Indeed, BruceW got me the info that I couldn't find in the Xfinity website (to be honest, it was on reddit, why I limited my search to the xfinity website is another question).  I must admit that this is terribly disappointing. After witnessing the intense promotion of the network upgrade to be completed by end of 2023, I anticipated a significant connection speed upgrade only to be told that it is still held away by more technical hurdles, yet to be overcome, in an unspecified timeframe.

In the meantime, I am paying $76/month for effectively a 400/10 connection (not 400/100) while my city has completed the installation of optic fiber network that can already deliver 1Gbps (up & down) for $69/month.  It's really not easy being an xfinity customer...

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

We are glad to take a closer look to see what other options are available to you @user_v37nfr.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

So, I upgraded my plan to 800/100 (which is really only 800/20 in the current state of things).  It turns out, I am indeed getting a slight bump in upload speed.  I also noticed that my download is not faster, it is stuck at 400.  What is going on?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_v37nfr, I am glad to hear that you got a bump to the upload speed! We are glad to help further with the download speed. You should be getting the full 800 Mbps or very close to that. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far such as resetting the modem, checking the cables, etc.?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here