Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 7:16 PM

Internet service

Internet service keeps going on and off repeatedly for about a week now

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

4 Messages

@EG​ There is a bigger issue going on. About 3 -4 weeks ago, our Internet also started dropping on both wired and wireless devices. I have run the Xfinity diagnostic tests and everything comes back as fine, but it is not. For me, it typically happens in the evening (PST), but today (6/26) it started at 2:30PM PST. It drops every few minutes and comes back after a few seconds. Many people are reporting this and I have also sent a direct message to Xfinity Support, but haven't gotten a response. We have had Xfinity for 13+ years with only a couple of issues, but if this is not resolved soon, we are going to have to consider other options as we both work from home.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@XBond​ We have the tools to request a tech troubleshoot onsite here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-repair-appointment. It will show how to troubleshoot and select an appointment slot that fits your schedule. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

Internet service [Edited: "Language"]. Worst internet service I've ever had. There must be better service out there. My wifi has dropped waaaay too many times. Usually during prime time. A few days ago, we were down for a day for upgrades. Now hurricane came thru. Internet has been down for way more than 24 hours. It wouldn't be bad if my phone had regular internet service without wifi. But in my home, I have one bar. So when wifi drops, I have no internet period. I'm ready to switch services. I'm paying way too much for the lousy service I get. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, user_9cg1l7! I am glad that you made it through the storm and apologize that your service has been offline. We are working around the clock to get everyone back up and running. We are providing updates on what work is being done on our Comcast Texas page. We have opened all operational Xfinity WiFi hotspots. The page shows how to connect to a hotspot as well as other helpful information. I know it's tough to get through without any internet service. We are updating the Status Center and Xfinity app with estimated time of restoral when that is possible. There are a lot of moving pieces so an estimated time is not always possible. Once your service is back up and running, we would be happy to look further into the intermittent internet. We have all the tools to get to the bottom of that so you can rely on and enjoy your service!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here