U

Friday, August 23rd, 2024 3:20 PM

Internet Latency

I have an issue with internet latency.  I work from home and any drop in internet connectivity, even if it is fine 99% of the time, can disrupt important video calls.  I just ran two checks when I noticed the issue on a video call.  I pay for "Blast Internet" with speeds up to 600 mbps for download and 20 mbps for upload.   As you can see below, my connection is volatile and this occurs between 4-8 times during typical working hours.  

Why is this happening?  How can it be prevented?  Can anyone recommend an internet provider that does not have these types of issues?  I've had enough.  It has been going on for months.  I had a tech come out to look at things and there was nothing he could identify.  I have expensive and excessively capable Netgear Nighthawk modem and router equipment.  I sit 20 feet from where the router and modem are located.  No other users are consuming internet in my house during the day.  This service is too expensive to be this unreliable.  I have been able to use 5G mobile hotspots through my employer at home and they have been much more reliable.  Without some guidance on this issue, shifting home internet to a satellite provider may be the next step.  Does anyone have experience with those providers and any recommendations. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

28 days ago

user_v7isb8 Hi there! We are sorry to hear you have been having issues with your internet speed;. We work from home too, so we understand how importnat it is to get this rtesolved. Our team is happy ot help! 

Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here