U

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 4:40 PM

Internet keeps dropping

I’ve been having this issue for a couple weeks now where my wife randomly just drops and I’ve tried troubleshooting it , restarting it everything the bot assistant told me to do but nothing is helping I need to talk to a live assistant for this issue and I can’t seem to find one but could someone please help.  

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

17 days ago

As a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

15 days ago

Greetings, @user_ri87zs! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

15 days ago

@user_ri87zs 

Have you had a chance to try that test ? Please reply right here in your topic on these public help forums.

@XfinityJamesC 

Why does this have to go private at this point ? That kind of defeats the purpose of a public help forum such as this is, no ?...  The poster hasn't even returned to their topic yet with an answer to my question...

2 Messages

Hello I got an email to send Xfinity my into also with where I’m at and I’m still having this issue I tried the Ethernet cable and it’s still happening 

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

10 days ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here