U

Thursday, February 29th, 2024 2:07 PM

Internet Installation/Extender

I cannot even believe how I have been treated as a new customer!  If I can find a different service at my house, I am returning this!  When I signed up, no where on the site did it say you have to have previously had cable in your home, which I did not.  Then when I called to set up the internet, the customer service rep told me six times, yes six, that I needed to plug my coax cable into a telephone jack.  A circle into a square.  After I could not get somewhere with her, I asked for a supervisor.  To which she told me someone would call me back.  No one ever did.  The next day I called back and they said they would send someone out to install it but it would cost me $100 and I was like um if I had known I needed cable I would have done something differently, can I please have a supervisor call me and they said someone would.  No one ever did.  Finally a technician came out and installed it, where it was most convenient for him, near the kitchen (not sure why someone needs internet near the kitchen) and I now only have internet in three rooms of my home but you want me to pay full price for internet which I am not receiving.  Now, the tech said I would need the extender and to call them and they would give it to me.  After talking to 2-3 people and telling them the tech said I would need this, not to mention it said on the equipment ordered I would receive it if applicable, to which it is because I am only receiving 10 mbps in my bedroom, I have screenshots of this and the tech put in his notes this was needed, I was told I would have to wait 14 days and then told by another person in Jamaica that I would have to wait six months to a year.  Someone told me I could drive to Jacksonville and go buy one but why would I buy one when I was told it would come with equipment (if applicable)?  I also asked to speak with a supervisor and no one has called me back to date!  I am ready to get another company!  This is how you treat new customers?  Someone did email me and I told them what happened and I never heard back!  This is terrible customer service!  I warn everyone about this now!  People at work could not believe how long I waited and how I was treated on the phone.  They even said I would not have that company.  All I want is the extender that was promised with the equipment I ordered online.  This is because I am trying to work from home but this is hindering me!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here