C

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 11:30 PM

Internet Has Not Worked for 6-12 Months

Hello,

We have had poor internet connection now consistently for 6-12 months. There are two issues: (1) the bigger issue is the internet service will randomly disconnect for minutes at a time. It is impossible to take any work calls using the internet at our home as the call with buffer several times even during a short call. Streaming platforms also constantly buffer/lag. This issue has gotten progressively worse within the past year. (2) We do not receive anywhere close to the internet speeds we pay for. We have the service for up to 1200 Mbps download speed but are lucky to get 70 Mbps. 

We have had several technicians (~5) out since the end of last year. The have replaced the router multiple times and checked everything inside the house. We tested using a LAN cable to connect from the router directly to laptops, which did not help the issue whatsoever and the internet still disconnects even with a wired connection. Therefore we were told it was an issue with the physical cables providing broadband input to our house. A technician was out this week and replaced the original cord connecting to our house with a cord with a longer wire, which he claimed would improve the broadband connection and solve the issue. However, we are still having the exact same issues.

We cannot get anyone to come check the underground wiring, which we suspect is the problem based on the feedback from multiple technicians. This is now going on almost a year of serious inconvenience and not being able to use internet service to work from home, all while we are supposedly paying for faster internet speeds. I would really appreciate this being escalated at Xfinity and someone contacting me directly about the issue, since I have now had to go through the chat agent multiple times and explain the situation to various different agents/technicians. There is no continuity in the service from technicians whatsoever.

1 Message

4 months ago

I've had the same thing happening with my service right around the same timeframe. My internet service will go out for minutes randomly with no connection being provided. I've also found a significant amount of packet loss constantly occurs. After running PingPlotter it shows that the connection issues seem to be happening on comcasts side of things. It's very annoying and I am unsure of how to follow through considering the consistent reports of technicians coming out, not fixing anything, and charging a $100 service fee.

I also have had the secondary issue of not getting nearly the level of speeds that have been paid for; Our service speeds are lacking on both upload and download getting 200 Mbps download with ethernet and only about 80-100 Mbps through Wi-Fi.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_s7zhwc. If you are still experiencing any connection issues please send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have similar issues with my service. Last night I spent more than an hour doing the same troubleshooting steps per usual and when I finally convinced him this was not a reboot modem issue he told me that someone would text me in a couple of hours to book an appointment for a tech or tell me the issue was resolved. I got no phone call to make an appointment or a text communicating next steps. What I got were repeated call backs to put me in a queue during and after my call with the service rep. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

4 months ago

clare_a Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 months ago

@clare_a @XfinityBrianH 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

3 Messages

4 months ago

Our household has also been having this issue. It goes out just about everyday, multiple times a day when it's windy.

We went to a store to set an appointment and I promptly got an automated text informing me of said appointment. Then I received a text stating "Through routine monitoring of the health of your network, everything looks good. If your issue is resolved, you can reply X to cancel your appointment". I did not reply as fifteen minutes later our internet dropped multiple times.

The next day I received the text "Your Xfinity appt. on 6/1, arrival between 8-10am, has been cancelled". So I've kept every text I get from Xfinity assistant when my internet goes out and thus far it's very talkative. It reaches out daily.

It's incredibly difficult to keep a work from home job with spotty internet - even harder to keep my sanity with all the hoops that we have to jump through to get something fixed that we pay $170.00 a month for. One more chance, then I'll get my internet else where.

Good luck to you all on this matter and if you find the solution, please do share.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @Drottam! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear your appointment was canceled before the issue was resolved, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

3 months ago

UPDATE: After multiple weeks of going back and forth with Xfinity over direct message, they have not provided any refunds for us not receiving the service we pay for and they have still not solved the issue. We’re planning on switching to a different internet provider – I don’t think Xfinity can figure out what is causing the issue with their service. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

clare_a 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here