A

Monday, January 1st, 2024 5:21 PM

Closed

Internet goes down every night at same time

For the past month, every night between 2-3 AM my internet goes out. I am using my PC with an ethernet cord when this happens. My phone on wifi also loses connection. Then it comes back 5 minutes later and resumes working properly.

Other than this issue at night, my internet works completely fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Hi, @Ashbuggy! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out for help with the internet service interruptions. I always get inconvenienced whenever my internet goes out so I understand the frustration this has caused. I am sorry to learn about this experience. You've come to the right place for help. Are experiencing the same issue on multiple devices over hardwired and wireless connections?

7 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ 

Thanks for replying! Yes, when this occurs, multiple devices (wired/wireless) are unable to connect.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you so much for these detail, @Ashbuggy! Have you tried any troubleshooting with the XFINITY app? If you were to run an internet health test via the Xfinity app, what results does it pull for you?

7 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ 

I tried multiple times and the test failed to connect to gateway every time. It was stuck at 0.00/200.0 

and then goes to a screen that says “Gateway speed test isn't available right now.

Try again in one minute.”

but it does not work in a minute.

also @EG thank you for that information I did not know that. Unfortunately, mine goes down every single night between 2-3 AM so I am thinking it is not just the maintenance unless they do that daily

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Thank you for the update on this @Ashbuggy I can see how running into this every night would be frustrating, so we're committed to getting this working as you need it! The information @EG shared is very helpful, thank you for that! That may be part of what you are experiencing, but its definitley not something that happens every night. Have you checked the Status Center to see if there are ever any interruptions active when you notice the connection cuts out? Have you performed a modem reset since this issue started happening?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ 

The modem has been restarted multiple times and yielded no success. I am really worried because I need this for work, but it cuts out every night right around 3AM Eastern. Any ideas on what I should do? We have an xfinity in Lafayette, but I am not sure if its an issue with my router or my apartment buildings wiring itself.

7 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ 

Hi just checking again if you had any ideas I can try?

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hey, @Ashbuggy! I had a chance to look into a few things and the signal to the modem looks to be within specification. Having a look into service interruptions, there have been 2 posted recently but only affected video service around 2-3 am. Since it has been a few days are you still having the issue? If so, has it been raining around the time you notice the internet going out? I ask as from our side everything looks fine and water in the line could cause this issue. Also, the coax cable from the back of the modem, does that go to a wall plate or does it go into a splitter before going into a wall plate?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

10 months ago

@Ashbuggy 

FWIW here, the overnight hours are their window of opportunity for performing network maintenance / upgrades. This can result in disconnections. But it shouldn't happen every night for a long period of time. Sometimes the process goes awry. Good luck !

1 Message

9 months ago

I have the same problem. Nightly reset at 2am, often have other resets between 2am and 5am. This seems to be an extremely common issue based on searches but there never seems to be a solution posted. Is there a setting on the modem I can change? Should I take it to a local store to exchange it?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_15ey4m Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your services. As our expert mentioned, it shouldn't be going down for an extended period time. Is the rest happening for a long period of time? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here