U

Monday, May 20th, 2024 9:45 PM

Internet Dropping Multiple times per day.

Sometimes it will drop for 2-3 seconds. Just enough to drop my VPN for work or disconnect me from any game I am playing. Other times the modem will restart taking up to 3-4 minutes to get back online.

I have removed all connectors and splitters from the incoming line. Currently have the gateway connected to the incoming cable that runs directly to the pole.

4 Messages

24 days ago

I was able to get a tech out earlier today. He couldn't find anything that stood out. He replaced the line from the pole to the gateway. Added a proper junction box incase when end up getting TV boxes down the line. Then Replaced the Gateway with a new one. 

So far so good. It has only been an hour since he finished up. But I would have normally lost my VPN at least once by now.

Uncorrectable codewords are minimal. Attribute the ones registered from the initial startup. They have not accumulated after the first 5 minutes. 

The correctable codewords are concerning though, as a percentage, I went from 70% correctable errors to 84%.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

user_jje8olHello, I am glad there is improvement after the tech visit. Is the service still working properly?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Yes, everything is working well. The uncorrectable errors are still at 101. Same as initial startup. The correctable errors as a percentage are still hovering around 85%. doesn't appear to affect performance at all so I am not going to worry about them. Haven't had and disconnects last night or at all this morning.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

24 days ago

I'm having this same issue in Virginia.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

encephaloid Hey there! We are sorry to hear you were having a simiar issue. Are you still impacted? 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

24 days ago

Been having this same issue in DC. We already got a new modem at their insistence (wirecutter recommended) EVEN THOUGH our old one was appropriate for our speeds.

They kept telling us we had an old splitter & that the coax was bad, so they replaced it 2-3 times. The issue finally happened while they were in the apt yesterday AFTER doing all this redundant nonsense, so they said they'd open up a ticket to send higher-ups. Big surprise -- didn't open the ticket and we had to call. Higher-ups supposed to come thru tomorrow, but we'll see.

4 Messages

The house was originally wired back in late 90's. The Cables and everything tested good but the tech told me with the age there could be terminations out of spec for the new standards and the cables could have mico cracks in them allowing interference from the power lines. There was a spot where the cable looks like it was rubbing on a tree branch as well. So we replaced literally everything except the network cable from the gateway to my internal router.  The tech gave me his 300ft roll of cable and I reran the line from the office to the outside while he ran a new line from the pole to the house. He redid the grounding connection, new splitter, even moved the cable to a new port out at the street. So far everything has been working well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you so much for the update user_jje8ol. Our team is going to circle back with you in about 2 days to check on the performance. We greatly appreciate all of your time and patience. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here