U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 12:59 AM

Closed

Internet dropping constantly

For over a month now, my internet has been lag spiking or disconnecting. I play video games at home and as a result, I've had to stop playing online games because I would disconnect or lag. My girlfriend works from home and would constantly disconnect from meetings. I've called comcast numerous times but have yet to get a solution. Here's what we've tried so far
-Restarting the modem
-Upgrading our speed from 50 to 250

-Updating our modems firmware

-Replacing Coaxial cable 

-Updating speed from 250 to 500 (because for whatever reason you can only have 8 devices connected at one time)

-Dropping our devices in our household down to 8

-Upgrading to a comcast modem

-Getting new lines dug outside

-Ran virus scans on all of our computers

We've had a technician come out, but that didn't solve the problem. Our computers are all plugged in via ethernet cords. Is there anything else we can do? I'm really stressed out 

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

7 months ago

@user_edqzaw If you have an Xfinity modem, getting the full speed when connected through ethernet is guaranteed. That's the power of Xfinity Internet. Even a little more is common, I've seen it all the time and a tech will ensure it happens for you guys. Send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

I have also had this problem. We have 1200GBS. We still have problems. My wife also works at home. Her zoom calls have started to drop. Up until 2 to 3 weeks ago we hadn’t had any problems. Now the tv buffers all the time. Internet drops signal and etc. There customer service is terrible. The technician that finally came out after Xfinity canceled was awesome but wasn’t able to fix it. He tested the lines and said he couldn’t test anything but what came into the house. Again Anthony did a great job. I think maybe Xfinity has a problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_fefgv0 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the internet connection dropping. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

With the intermittent issues you're receiving with the Xfinity Internet service, are you experiencing issues with Xfinity Internet service only or do you have additional services experiencing issues as well? Do you experience any slowness with all devices or only certain/specific devices? With the video services, are you experiencing issues with only Live TV or also other services such as applications, OnDemand, and streaming? Do you experience any slowness with button presses on the remote to correspond on the television? 

Some great things to check for issues like this are the following: 

-> Check the coax cable going to the back of your devices to ensure there's a tight connection. Loose connections can cause signal loss or introduce noise into the line.
-> Check the connections of the coax cable to any splitters within your home. Like at the back of your device, loose connections here can cause signal loss or introduce noise into the line.
-> Check the coax cable to ensure it is in good quality such as no hard bends, kinks, bite marks, or cuts that could interfere with signal reaching the devices.

Please give these items a check and let us know if anything happened to be loose, not connected properly, or if you had to fix the cable line. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here