U

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 10:18 PM

Closed

Internet Constantly Dropping Temporarily

For the past few months, the internet will drop frequently throughout the day at sporadic times. Sometimes multiple times within an hour, sometimes multiple hours in between. It never lasts long, <30 seconds at most, but it is always long enough to disconnect us from whatever we are working on. There is no pattern in usage or time for these drops. They happen both when connected to Ethernet and Wi-Fi. There were many months where these drops didn't occur, and then all of a sudden they began and have not let up since.

I have restarted the gateway multiple times by unplugging it and plugging it back in for varying amounts of time, up to 10 minutes. I have restarted it through the router settings on my computer as well. The coax cable also appears structurally fine and well maintained.

The downstream power level hovers around 2 dBmV and the upstream power level hovers around 40-45 dBmV

This gateway is relatively new, barely a year old and there have been no firmware updates available.

Is the next thing I can do to call a tech here to inspect it?

1 Message

4 months ago

I have been having the same issue.  I'll just lose internet for a few minutes then it will come back up.  All my connections are "hard wired".....not using WiFi at all.  

I don't even have the technical know how to troubleshoot

Official Employee

• 

850 Messages

user_noi76k This isn't the experience we want any customer to have. Have you tried troubleshooting from the Xfinity app? It makes troubleshooting real easy, and it will also let you reset your devices from the app as well. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

Same here, all my connections are hard wired as well. It's been happening for the last 2-3 weeks.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Good evening user_5a9vp3, I'm sorry to hear you're having this connection issue, that's never a fun time, so let's work more on this together. I've replied to your DM and look forward to working with you more. As a friendly reminder, please only send DM's when requested to do so by an official employee. Sending unsolicited DM's is a violation of our Forum Guidelines

- XfinityMarcos

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_pb530h! I appreciate you for confirming this is happening on wireless devices and hardwired devices. Are you using a rental xFi Wireless gateway or personal modem? If you are using your own modem do you have a personal or standalone router connected to the modem?

2 Messages

I am using a rental xFi gateway

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_pb530h Thank you for confirming what modem you're using. I'd like to take a look on my end since this is been happening for a quite some time. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue over and over again every day.  I have been keeping a running log of this issue.  It constantly happens throughout the day, but is worse at certain times like around 8:30 am to 9:30am, again around 12:30 pm to 2 pm, then again between 630 pm up to 9 pm, then again around midnight.  This only became a real issue for me about 2-3 months ago.  I have exchanged the xfinity router 2 times from the original one issued to me.  No difference.  I used to be able to stream TV and use my tablet or mobile phone all at the same time and cannot any more.  I've run the troubleshooting through the app, and reset the modem multiple times.  No change.  I have an appointment scheduled with a tech for June 18, but what good will that do, if the problem is not with my equipment or something to do with the neighborhood lines?  It just will continue to be unresolved as it seems to be for these other customers identifying the same problem here in this forum.  I've even looking for this so-called direct message link provided to no avail!  I realize you have your protocols that have to be followed, but it is extremely frustrating to continue to have these extreme internet problems clearly identified as not an equipment or customer problem and nothing being actively done to solve the problem!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for letting us know about your situation, user_tsr27r. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue, and we thank you in advance for completing the necessary troubleshooting steps on your end. That's always a great start. If our troubleshooting system determined a technician is needed, I would recommend we wait for the visit to be completed. I assure you, we have an excellent team of technicians, and I'm positive we will find a solution for you. Would it be okay for me to follow up after the visit on 6/18? If the issue persists, we can look at other options to help. Sounds good? 

3 Messages

Absolutely!  Please feel free to follow up with me after the tech visit!  I appreciate your response!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_tsr27r Awesome, I want to stick with you until you confirm everything is working as it should be :). Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

3 months ago

They are going to tell you to call a tech to have them come out and fix something even though it's on their end. I've been dealing with the same issue and they refuse to even put in a ticket unless a tech recommends it 

3 Messages

I understand.  That is why I'm following thru with the visit.  I have read it is recommended buying your own router since the router Xfinity provides isn't quite adequate, but I'm on a retired limited budget.  It seems to me they are providing the service and should also provide adequate equipment for the job.

(edited)

1 Message

16 days ago

I've been having the same issue for the last 2-3 months and just dealt with it. Did you ever find a solution? I'm at my limit. Thanks in advance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here