R

Thursday, October 17th, 2024 8:25 PM

Internet connection keeps dropping, many times a day

My internet connection drops about every 20 minutes or so. It usually comes back after about 30 seconds and the modem restarts on its own. This problem has been going on for a couple of weeks. It is infuriating because it basically renders my Internet unusable. It's impossible for me to work from home under these conditions, as it constantly interrupts zoom calls and other tasks. I'm using an Arris S33 modem. Please instruct me on any info. I can share to help fix the problem, including modem event logs, etc. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

8 hours ago

2 Messages

Thank you for your help. I have checked all of the things on that list. I'll give a little more backstory - when this first started happening I had a Comcast tech come out, he checked all around, and eventually removed/replaced a splitter that was in the line behind the building going out to the pole. He said he thought that fixed the problem, and my Internet was working when he left, but later on it just started happening again. Not knowing what to do, I bought a new modem, and of course this new modem (the S33) was just doing the same dropping/resetting the old one was doing. I had already isolated it away from the router in order to rule out router problems. During this tech visit he said he inspected all of my coax cable, but maybe he missed something damaged, or it's something closer to the source where it connects on the pole near the street?

I'm at a loss here. I greatly appreciate any help. As far as the modem event log I just ran from today, it had a whole lot of T3 timeouts and some T4 timeouts, but I don't really know how to interpret most of it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here