U

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 2:51 PM

Internet Connection Dropping For A Few Seconds Every So Often

Internet connection keeps dropping for small periods of time. This has been going on for a month or two at this point, and I've done the usual at home fixes. Restarting the Gateway hasn't done anything, and I've turned on and off any devices that had the issue. Nothing has fixed it. It's easy to ignore sometimes until suddenly I'm dropping from a call every 20 minutes or so or I can't play games online. The basic network testing tool provided in the app have found absolutely nothing, and trying some troubleshooting with the assistant also brought up nothing. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_ssu3pq  Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m really sorry to hear about the ongoing connection issues you’ve been experiencing. I understand how disruptive this can be, especially when it interferes with important activities like calls and online gaming. I appreciate you trying the standard troubleshooting steps — I know it can be frustrating when those don’t resolve the problem.

I'd be happy to assist with further troubleshooting and dig deeper into what's going on. Just to get a clearer picture, have all your devices been affected, or is it happening to specific ones? Also, has this been happening at certain times, or is it more random?

3 Messages

Happening here (17268) as well. 30 seconds to one minute at a time. Multiple times per hour. Any time of the day / night.

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ 

Unplugging and rebooting no help. Restarting no help. No changes in service or equipment.

(edited)

1 Message

I am having the same issues as well.  This happens at least 5 times a day.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_ssu3pq 

Have you had a chance to see if any of those tips apply ?

3 Messages

1 month ago

I have the same issue every morning between 10:00am to 12:00pm for almost 6 months. Called Xfinity many times but still not solved. for sure it drives me crazy. Please post your solution if you find one later. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_acm1q7 @user_505y22 

Please create new topics of your own here on this board detailing your issue and someone will attempt to assist you there. Please do not hijack someone else's help thread in progress. Multiple posters piling onto and being helped in a single thread becomes too complicated, confusing, and convoluted. And it's unfair to the original poster. Thank you. 

And for future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

3 Messages

@EG​ I’m having the same issues as original poster. Seems relevant, don’t you think?

”We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.”

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

That's not how things work here. They have their forum rules and guidelines. Please reread my first paragraph for some reasoning. Yes. "Post publicly". But do it in your own topic, thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here