U

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024 5:28 PM

Internet Connection being lost multiple times a day.

For at least a few weeks, the internet connection has been lost multiple times a day.  Most times it is under 2 minutes and a few times it has been over that which blocks the streaming and boots me out of other connections that I need working from home.  It is affecting my work at this point.

Updates and restarts/reboots have already been run multiple times and has not resolved the issue.

How can I reach an actual person to speak with at this point?  The Xfinity Assistant and calling in is no help as all it wants to do is restart/reboot, which has not helped at all throughout the weeks.

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

2 months ago

user_kc81q8 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. our team and community are here to help as well. Are you still experiencing these drops or were you able to get assistance already?

3 Messages

I reached out to Xfinity Support on X via DM.  I had an appointment for this coming Sunday for a tech to come out.  Welp, a few hours later I was notified that the appointment was cancelled. I was not told why.  Things seemed fine last night with the service.  Today, a brief disconnect again.

I will be keeping track of all the drops in connection and service and then reach out again if the situation calls for it.  

I see too many others on here and elsewhere that are having the same issue and Xfinity does not want to rectify it.

There is not excuse for such poor service being provided by Xfinity lately.  What has happened to the excellent service at Xfinity that used to be?

1 Message

2 months ago

I am also experiencing this and cannot find a way to talk to a REAL person! Its incredibly frustrating. It dropped today in the middle of a major presentation I was making. 

3 Messages

I reached out to XFinity Support via DM on X.   I received very understanding and patient service - but then XFinity cancelled my service call without any explanation.  Go figure....

Hopefully they will rectify what is going on...I see a lot of posts on here with the same issue...

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_kc81q8

Oh no! I definitely understand the inconvenience that was caused by the appointment getting canceled unexpectedly. I am sorry to learn about this experience and happy to hear that you were able to receive support over X. Over social media, we are a team of experts who specialize in resolving issues such as this. Usually when appointments get cancelled is due to a technical issue affecting your area. The appointment gets canceled and has to be rescheduled after the technical issue affecting your area is resolved. To keep you in the loop, I recommend monitoring the account with our Digital Status Center. This is a great digital option for monitoring the account in addition to our XFINITY app. Setting up Comcast Alerts is also very helpful for automatic emails and text messages that you can choose to receive in order to stay up-to-date on your Comcast account, services, and billing information related to your account. Please let us know if you would like us to further assist over our forums page. If so, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Oh no, user_yc6mud. This is not the experience we want for anyone and would appreciate the chance to help turn this around. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same here and having to use my own time because the Internet keeps going out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_ag4kqg Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your end? Such as rebooting the modem manually or through the Xfinity App? You can also check additional troubleshooting steps HERE

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here