U

Monday, July 29th, 2024 7:17 PM

Internet and TV Frequently Dropping in afternoons

Hello, our internet and tv service have been dropping frequently in the afternoons, this happens with both wired and wireless connections as well as cable TV. We have gone through the usual troubleshooting steps multiple times, gotten a new modem from the Xfinity store and had a tech out last Friday. He stated that we were missing a device to clean and filter our signal and installed same but the problem perists. 

I work entirely remote and use a VPN which disconnects every time the internet drops/lags, meaning I have to completely log back in repeatedly. This problem has become extremely disruptive to my job and usage of my service. 

Posting this in the hopes tech support will reach out or others can offer some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_nn7qjl, Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your Monday to visit XFINITY over our forums page for help with those frequent drops. As someone who relies on my services for work and entertainment, I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. I am sorry to learn about this experience. You've come to the right place for help. Thanks for doing those troubleshooting steps and swapping out the modem. I am happy to hear that you received a technician visit who provided these details. Did they happen to provide you with their contact information or the next steps toward getting this fixed if the issue persists? If you were to run an internet health test via the Xfinity app, what results does it pull for you?

3 Messages

When I do the internet health test right now, everything is fine-but I am not at this moment having the issue I'm describing so that doesn't surprise me. I believe the techs name was Cameron and he indicated that he is a contractor and didn't provide any information regarding next steps. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! I can take a look at the account notes to see if we have any additional info. 

In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here