robmp11's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, March 19th, 2021 2:25 PM

Closed

Internet 1200 Mbps plan

I have the 1200 Mbps plan and get the cap 930- 940 mbps and have the s33 cable modem and Asus rog ax1100 router using the 2.5g ports on both modem and router and 5G port on my Motherboard and using CAT8, do I need special Equipment to get closer to the 1200 mbps. Like 

A 10G PCIe network interface controller (NIC) adapter with small form-factor pluggable (SFP) cage.A

10G enhanced, 850nm multimode fiber (MMF), small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver.

A multimode fiber (MMF) LC patch cable.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

ok figured it out router problem not having x2 2.5 ports.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

The strange issue is I get this on the comcast speed test and on my router I get this a lot lower but connected by the 2.5G on the modem and router and on the mother board using a Marvell AQC111C 5GBe card.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@robmp11 Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us regarding your internet speed concerns. I can look into this for you and see what we can do to ensure you are getting the fastest speeds possible. The first thing I'd like to do is get your account pulled up. Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

Did you click the "Show more" on the Comcast speed test to show upload speed and location of site used for test?

Make sure to use the same site.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

@FAUguy.Yes, I removed it because it might start some controversy, let’s say I discovered something about bonding, it doubled my upload speed, but I feel I shouldn’t post it on here, it’s not a hack, perfectly legal, but I will share it with you, I don’t know how to message you tho

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here