U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 28th, 2022 7:07 PM

Closed

Intermittent resets and outages

I've been having intermittent resets and outages for my home internet ever since moving into my current home in 2016. Every day or so, there will be multiple instances where there is a brief reset or outage and when I check the modem's event log, what I see are issues like "dynamic range window violation" or "unicast ranging received abort response - re-initializing MAC" or "started unicast maintenance ranging - no response received - t3 timeout." 

We've had technicians come out multiple times, and the signal seems fine from the box on the side of the house to the modem (one cable from exterior to interior, connection off wall is a single cable from wall to modem). But the last time I had a technician out, he said it seemed like there might be some opportunities for intermittent interference to the signal coming from the cable that goes from the pole to the side of the house. 

When I called, the worker on the phone said that the automated tests all showed green and that the issue must be with my equipment, but that doesn't really check out to me--it's the same problem that I've had with and without Xfinity supplied equipment and through multiple modems and routers here. 

I'm currently trying to get a technician out to the house, and it's apparently something that will have to be done at my cost since the issue can't be identified with the automated tooling at the call center level. What should I make sure that the technician looks at to ensure that this time it actually gets addressed?

Thanks for any advice--

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_93d2cf I'm very sorry that you continue to encounter intermittent issues since 2016 with your internet signals, and there's still no resolve.

My team would like to review the notes from the previous technicians to see what has been addressed to see where we need to address going forward with your new tech appt.

Can you please send our team a direct message [private message]:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
   Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here