U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 16th, 2021 4:53 AM

Closed

Increase from 1000 to 1200 really a decrease to 200!

On May 1, I happened to test out speed, and we were at 946.  It averaged 920 over some weeks.  Then Xfinity sent us an email announcing a free speed increase to 1200.  Shortly after that, our speed decreased to 200 or below.  Occasionally, we see 400, but never the 900+ we were at.  It's also unreliable.

Contacting xfinity is impossible, as all you get is the worthless chat nonsense, which tells you to restart, and restart, and restart.  We're tired of restarting and being ignored.  Any suggestions?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_38367d, I hope all is well and my reply reaches you at a good time. Sorry to hear about the decreased speeds. It's very strange you have been impacted this drastically. Speeds can vary but that's a huge change. I understand why you would be concerned. Have you tried resetting all devices and checking how many devices are on your network?  What type of modem are you using? Do you have an XFi modem or your own modem?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am seeing something similar at my home -- located in Atlanta, GA.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Seeing this at my home as well -- Atlanta, GA area. SB 8200 modem with Edge Router Lite. Did not have issues last month.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello, @frontrange.

You can check here to review what internet tier speeds your gateway is compatible with. The SB8200 can only support up to 1Gbps. If a gateway is incompatible with the tier a customer is subscribing to, the gateway will run off default firmware with basic speeds until you are able to upgrade your gateway or downgrade your services to a tier that can be supported. 

We can help you with either adding a new gateway or downgrading your services here! Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here