U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 25th, 2021 1:13 AM

Closed

How do I get 2.4 GHz on my 5GHz network

I am trying to locate how to make my network compatible with smart plugs.

Can someone help me? Called support and spent 2 hours on the phone just to be hung up on when transfered.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

From the looks of it they've took away the ability for us to manage the wifi channels on our own. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Tons of people still use devices with only 2.4ghz.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. the WiFi network comes with bot 2.4Ghz and 5GHz and by default are named the exact same thing and your device will decide which one it wants to use. You can rename the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz so they'll show up separately when you search for your network on your device. You just have to put in your browser 10.1.10.1 while connected to your WiFi network, login, then change the names. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine I'm not sure If the person who asked the question has the newer XB7 gateway but I do and you can not make any adjustments to the wifi modes. With the older modem I could set up separate 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks all that has been taken away in the app and in the admin tool.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

... You just have to put in your browser 10.1.10.1 while connected to your WiFi network ...

Residential customers who rent a Comcast gateway should use http://10.0.0.1/ instead.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Question - I can't turn on 2.4GHZ. It just turned itself off one day. The LED on the actual device for 2.4Ghz won't turn on. 5Ghz is fine. I tried hard reseting the device and it worked for a day, overnight, I checked the the 2.4Ghz stopped working again. Any ideas?

Also - how can I contact a human to check this out? Anyone?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi, user_a344eb. We can help! When you say "hard reset" can you tell us more about how you attempted that, just so we can rule it out?

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here