U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 10:13 PM

Closed

How do I connect my wireless printer?

I've tried to use the wizard, and entered every password I could find but it's still not connecting. It's an HP officejet 6600 e-all-in-one.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

The printer needs to be connected by Wi-Fi on the 2.4 GHz band. Your router / gateway may be using the 5 GHz band.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ okay is there a way to do this? 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_2b05ac​ 

@MNtundraRET​ okay is there a way to do this? 

This thread should help, but if you're still having problems post back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Again  That link didn't post or got scrubbed by the bot.  I'm trying to post this one:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/split-wifi-signal-24-and-5g/60e327a3744ffe26ab9ce026

I did look up that printer model.  It speaks 802.11 b/g/n.  Xfinity now defaults to use 802.11 ac/ax so you will have to change the radio mode to get the printer wifi to work.  You also can't change radio mode if you are using Xfinity Pods.  In that case, you'll either need a WiFi 6 printer, use USB on this printer, or add an access point that uses b/g/n. 

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@flatlander3​ 

Thanks.  I had put it in put not sure why it didn't take.  I doubt it was scrubbed.  Could have been my error after all.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

199 Messages

2 years ago

One thing that might help is configuring the printer using a computer app from HP and a USB cable.  Most commercial grade WiFi gear doesn't support WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) aka push the button to connect to WiFi since it's a security risk.  In a public space anyone who can get to the WiFi gear could push the button and add a device to the network.  Thus equipment vendors tend to offer another way to configure WiFi.  For HP printers it's usually plug in a computer with a USB cable and run an app provided by HP.  Once the printer is configured you can disconnect the cable and use it on WiFi.  Sometimes there's a separate download for it but a lot of times it's just included in the full drivers and utilities download package.  Another nice thing about the app + cable method is you can actually see what you're doing on the screen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here