U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2023 5:59 PM

Closed

Home WiFi will not connect to ring devices

I made the switch from verizon to xfi months ago. I didn’t originally have a problem with switching my ring devices to the new WiFi but it suddenly stopped working this month. Now, when I try to reconnect the doorbell 2nd gen or stick up cam 3rd gen, the home wifi does not pop up. I enabled DMZ on my XB6 XFi modem but it still will not connect. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_4252f9 here is a great link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/internet-connectivity-troubleshooting on how to troubleshoot your internet connection. If after troubleshooting you still don't see your wifi network name on your devices, I recommend you reach out to the manufacturer of those devices to walk you through connecting your devices to your home network 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ do you have any additional input that could help? 

3 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ do you know how to reconnect a ring doorbell that has been working fine with your Xfinity modem until they put a new modem in. I cannot reconnect my ring doorbell XFINITY’s been out twice. I’ve been on the phone with ring doorbell for hours no one can seem to help me.

Official Employee

• 

926 Messages

@Maysv Our team can see what can be done, and if another technician visit might be needed. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey there @user_4252f9 thank you for your patience and for using our community forums as a tool to get help. If you are still having issues please send us a private message and we are here to take a look into this. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

1 year ago

I got a new modem and the ring doorbell stopped working. They came back out and split our modem and I still cannot connect to the ring doorbell. It’s been over a month now. Did you get this resolved with XFINITY ring doorbell said it’s not them.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Maysv​ quite frankly, all I’ve been told is to do the actions I’ve already done and my ring devices are being blamed. My door sensors and base station are able to connect, but not the video doorbells. One doorbell is brand new and both have no issue connecting to other WiFi networks. I’ve been considering switching WiFi again if I can’t get a solution from Xfinity. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have a similar situation with our Blink cameras.   They were working fine and then stopped.  They won’t connect to our WiFi.   I did troubleshoot with Blink and they said I need to have them on a 2.4g network and to request it from Xfinity.  I did chat with an agent twice and was told that it had to be added internally and my case would be escalated.   It’s been over 2 weeks and I haven’t had a response.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_436638 I am sorry to hear that you have not had a response. You can use the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password to assist in changing the name of your network so that you are able to see the different bands when connecting to your WiFi. Although there are benefits of using one WiFi name and password for your home network. You can read more about this at the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/benefits-same-wifi-network-password-name-xfi-gateway.

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you with the request! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

1 year ago

Did you get this issue fixed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here