U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Sep 18, 2021 3:06 AM

Home Internet Service connection is dropping and high latency.

Hello, After September 2nd I began experiencing high latency (some as high as 500 -1200 ms) and dropped packets throughout day. Now it seems to be in early morning to early afternoon window, then it resumes back to undisturbed internet. Please note before Sept 2 , I barely had any interruptions. Internet Plan has been upgraded and compatible modem was purchase, Technician checked line and stated something about line signal was not peak. Still continuing to have drops and I have noticed errors on modem logs, which I can provide. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

180 Messages

1 m ago

Hey @user_4c7821! Thank you for taking the time to reach out, all the info and for being part of the Xfinity family. That's definitely not the experience we want you to have. I'd also be upset if my internet services weren't working properly. It does sound like a it could be a signal issue. I'd like to compare any logs you have to anything I can fins on the backend. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Hi Antoine,

Thank you for you response. I had a technician come out today and verify line was good. Also, I swapped out newly purchased Netgear CAX80 back to my older ARRIS Surfboard for troubleshooting purposes; Latency and drops have greatly diminished with older modem. I'm going to monitor for another 24 hours and see if issue has been corrected. I will let you know either way. Thanks again.

Official Employee

• 

180 Messages

That's GREAT news! Yes, please let me know what happens over the next 24hrs.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Antoine,

I believe the problem has been resolved. This whole time I may have been spinning my wheels when it seemed to be the Netgear modems. The old Arris Modem seems to be working as it should even though it's a Docsis 3.0 on 3.1 service connection. It's assigning DHCP to clients; Latency and dropped packets are now back to normal. Nighthawk series (CAX30 and 80) are extremely glitch (interface and functionality), even with Firmware upgrades. I will be staying away from there product line. Also, IPv6 seemed to be an issue with legacy and new devices. Thanks for your time. Dave

Official Employee

• 

215 Messages

You are so very welcome! Have you reached out to Netgear to see what they had to say? I am sure there are people in this forum that would prefer to find a solution that doesn't include jumping ship. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
EG

Expert

• 

89.8K Messages

@user_4c7821 wrote: "Modem seems to be working as it should even though it's a Docsis 3.0 on 3.1 service connection."

FWIW, 3.0 and 3.1 are backwards compatible.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you. Just restricted on speeds. I can live with that for now.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

@Tony - No I haven't reached out to Netgear; not wasting any more time on this. I've been working long enough in Tech to see buggy appliances. After researching, It's a known issue with their appliance and they better correct in next FW update.  I'll go with a known, good solution from this point on.

Thanks, Guys. Going offline.

New to the Community?

Start Here