U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 12:54 AM

High ping

I’m unable to use my cycling app because the ping to their server is too high. I restarted my modem and this did not help. The high ping exists using both WiFi and an Ethernet connection. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there, user_601yv1! We definitely want you to be able to use your cycle app and are happy to help! Have you run a speed test? The first time it will test to your modem, the second one will test to your device. Do you own your modem or you do you have one of our xFi Gateway modems? 

10 Messages

Hi, yes, I’ve run multiple speed tests. My ping to Los Angeles is between 80-90. Ping speed to closer servers is around 30. And, I’m renting your equipment. I unplugged the modem and that did not help. Thanks.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

Perhaps it's server congestion. Do you have high latency to any other sites / servers ?

10 Messages

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. This issue occurs mostly on Wednesdays, during a particular cycling ride on Zwift. There is a second-party Zwift tool to analyze the ride log and I can see the UDP timeouts and network disconnects. Not sure what that means, but it’s not good.  I’m not that technical, sorry.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_601yv1, thanks for the update, I appreciate it! Now it could be that the services you're trying to connect to when using Zwift are too over ran and are causing issues but we will do what we can to help since it is third-party equipment. Are you having connection issues with any other devices in your home?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

Hi, sorry about the delayed response.  We have no other connection issues with other devices in our home. Thanks.

10 Messages

Sorry, I do occasionally experience dropouts when working from home using Teams, on a laptop. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_601yv1 Hey there! We are here happy to work with you if you are still having issues. Please let us know and we are eager to assist. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

UDP is an unforgiving protocol compared to the TCP protocol. You didn't answer the question about other servers / sites, but if not, it's likely to be server / site traffic congestion.

(edited)

10 Messages

No, I do not experience this issue on other sites, although I really don’t use other gaming sites, and the issue occurs on this particular site on a particular day, during a specific ride. But, my ping to servers in Los Angeles are always high regardless of the test day, above 60 or so, and rise to 80-90 at times. Thanks.

10 Messages

Oops, actually I do experience dropouts when working from home using Microsoft Teams. I’ll be on a call and the call will disconnect for a couple of seconds, and then reconnect.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here