E

Monday, July 15th, 2024 12:52 AM

High packetloss/ping due to bad hop

Hello, I'm wondering what the best way to get a bad hop fixed would be. I had an Xfinity technician come out 2 times and say there is nothing he could do to fix the problem. Every 10-12 minutes I am getting 70-90% packet loss with ping over 1,000 lasting for 10-15 minutes. I have the IP and location of the bad hop to help in it's fixing. I really need this resolved soon otherwise I'll be forced to swap providers as the packet loss is causing me to drop important work meetings. 

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

2 months ago

@Eveelor  Good question and thanks for posting. We know how important staying connected is. This can be related to the servers being used, or the service. If it's the service, it needs to be resolved locally by a tech. It's not something that is done remotely, as long as all the basics have been covered. Use the tools here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-repair-appointment to troubleshoot, and request a tech to visit asap. If you have trouble adding a visit, let me know. 

2 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ Thanks for the reply! When the Tech came out to our house it told us it was the server being used and not the service, in his exact words he said, "There is nothing I can do here for you." Would the IP address/host name of the server used be of any help to getting this resolved?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great question, @Eveelor! Please review these Connection Troubleshooting Tips, and let me know if they help. We may have to pull the account up to take a closer look, but that is the best place to start! Please also note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our Forums guidelines. You must first create your own public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads up for future reference, and I look forward to assisting you further :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here