U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2022 7:24 PM

Closed

forgotten modem password

have forgotten modem password and need to take modem out of bridge mode to install new modem

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

You'll need to hard reset the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. The user name and the password will now become the defaults of admin and password. As an FYI, you will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch. BTW, doing so should automatically default it back to router mode.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@EG​ Thank you.  So after the hard reset, the user name and password will be admin and password.  Is that what you are saying?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@user_be4ff7​ 

They are supposed to be. They could also be the defaults that are listed on the label on the back or the bottom of the device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_be4ff7 did you get this resolved or do you still need assistance? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@XfinityChristina​ FWIW. They marked it as solved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here