U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, March 16th, 2023 2:56 PM

Closed

Fan on xfi gateway very loud all of a sudden

Just started this morning,the fan on the gateway started to make a very loud noise for a few minutes and stops,and 10 minutes later it does the same thing for a minute and then stops. It's done this a half a dozen times. The gateway seems to be working properly and internet service is fine. Seems like the fan is on its last leg.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

2 years ago

A well known problem. The cooling fan is malfunctioning. There is no fix other than to get it swapped out for another. Take it to your local Xfinity store or ship it back for free via UPS and have them ship you another one. You can even get *home pickup*.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment  

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Ok thanks for the info...

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

@user_22defa​ 

Quite welcome !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_22defa Thanks for coming to our community for help! We can definitley get the equipment swapped out. I will meet you back in the direct message. In the future, we ask that you please only ever post your question on the most appropriate public forum board and remain patient. If needed, our team will invite you to send us a direct message. Sending unsolicited direct messages to our team, any Official Employee, or any Xfinity Forum user does violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. Please remember, ​by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. While we would never want to get to that point with any user, violations to those posted documents could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here