SC1615853's profile

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024 3:39 PM

Extremely slow download speeds for at least the past 4 days

Hi, I've been getting download speeds from 1/6 to 1/5 of what they should be the last 4 days since I started running tests to check it.  Normally speedtest.net and speedtest.xfinity.com both show I'm getting at or slightly above the download rate I pay for which is 300 MBps -- upload bandwidth is still normal.  The automated phone menu system at the customer service number reported no issues at my address yesterday, but I did manage to confirm some sort of problem via Xfinity Assistant and was informed that system updates would fix it.  Well after a the text alert yesterday evening saying that the updates were completed I confirmed nothing has changed.  I am currently getting from 50 to 80 Mbps download speeds from speedtest.net and speedtest.xfinity.com.  I had tested with speedtest.net in June and it reported 316 Mbps download speed. 

The problem may have been going on longer than just the past 4 days, but it's now affecting the quality of my work VPN connection (as you know VPN adds more latency, which makes it much worse!).  A tech is scheduled to come out on Friday. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

25 days ago

Greetings, @SC1615853! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection speed, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

I'm happy to hear you were able to schedule a technician for Friday. Please let me know if you encounter any issues between now and then.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Nothing new, just the same slow download speeds (55-90 Mbps, depending on when I check).  I hope the tech will be able to identify the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are here for your support, @SC1615853! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need assistance with anything else. Our amazing community is always ready to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Technician did not show up during the service window I chose (10am-12pm).  It's 12:58pm now.  I still have extremely slow internet, I reset the modem again yesterday, still no improvement.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! We will be happy to look into this for you. Hi there! Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Live agent tells me it was never scheduled but I have an entire SMS text transcript with "266278" (where all my Xfinity updates and MFA auth codes are sent from) that says the service appt was scheduled for 8/23.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here