O

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 6:25 PM

Closed

Epson printer suddenly not connecting to home network

Same EXACT issues as in this post: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/epson-printer-not-connecting-to-internet-mac-filtering-i-have-no-idea/640777f141879c3c4d1ba5e8

I have done everything suggested and nothing has helped.

I have disabled Wi-Fi and set it up again. The connection always comes back with error E-6 stating that Mac Address Filtering Check has FAILED.

This was connected previously for almost a year with no issues.

Checking in the gateway settings, I have Mac Address Filtering set to ALLOW-ALL, and even have the printer's Mac address listed now in there.

I have tried keeping a static IP or DHCP but neither works anymore.

After disabling the wifi and reconnecting, the check always fails at mac address filtering check and now no longer lists an IP address (which would be a couple steps below this).

The gateway shows that the printer is offline, but the printer shows it connected to my Wi-Fi with "signal strength: poor", but also states "connection: Wi-Fi disconnected".

Please skip the basic factory reset and power-cycling advice. It hasn't worked and I've tried it all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Message

1 year ago

My problem too: MAC address filtering check FAIL

Called Comcast who said it was an EPSON problem; called EPSON who said it was a Comcast problem. So frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@OffTandem Thanks for letting us know you're having an issue with your printers' connection to the internet. Is it the only device having an issue?

Which devices did you factory reset and power cycle? Both the printer, your modem and any routers, amplifiers, or splitters you have? 

Have you tried disabling your firewall and any anti-virus software on your devices?

Have you tried to forget the wireless network and reconnect to it making sure mac address filtering is not on. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here