U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 7th, 2023 5:44 PM

Closed

EPSON printer not connecting to internet. MAC filtering? I have no idea

My EPSON printer all of a sudden  no longer will connect to my wifi. Nothing else in my house has trouble. I separated out the 2.4 and 5GHz like EPSON recommended, but that didn't matter. The printer says my router may be blocking its MAC address, but I can't anywhere in the app to check that. I'm at a loss and frustrated that there are no people to actually talk to about this.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_253137 

​My EPSON printer all of a sudden  no longer will connect to my wifi. Nothing else in my house has trouble. I separated out the 2.4 and 5GHz like EPSON recommended, but that didn't matter. The printer says my router may be blocking its MAC address, but I can't anywhere in the app to check that. I'm at a loss and frustrated that there are no people to actually talk to about this.​

Have you tried removing your printer and then setting it up again?  And, have you tried, turning off your printer and disconnecting it from the power supply, waiting a couple of minutes and then plugging it back in?  If your printer has a screen, does it give you instructions on setting it up for WiFi?

I suggest using your computer to set up your printer first, btw.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@Again​ Yes, I've done all of the above... a few times! I've followed all the instructions on the screen. It used to work - it's only stopped working recently. 

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

2 years ago

Are you using a Comcast rented gateway device ? If so, which model ? XB8 ?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@EG​ Yes, I am. It's XB3

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

2 years ago

OK. Can you see the broadcast / network name (SSID) of the 2.4 GHz band in the printer's user interface ?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@EG​ Yes - all the information is filled out on the printer when I look under the internet settings, but when it disconnects, it lists the signal strength as "poor," even though everything else in the house works (and the printer is literally sitting right next to the router). The annoying thing is, since I split 2.4 and 5 it seems to be affecting other things in the house, and I wish I didn't need to split those out. Xfinity says not to... but the printer says that's necessary... so.... 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We are having the exact same issue. The Xfinity app says the printer last connected about 10 days ago, so it was working fine at one point. It complains about MAC address filtering, but the gateway has MAC filtering set to Allow All. We have unplugged the device, forgotten the device, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Is there anything else we can try?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

Have you tried connecting the printer to the computer using an ethernet cable? The week Wi-Fi signal may be do to RF interference from some nearby device.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue...  What's required here is direction on accessing the Routers settings. Specifically to allow the Epson printers Mac Address to be ACCEPTED, not filtered OUT. Where is it? How is it done? xFinity's Chatbot does not even recognize Mac Address settings as something that can be be accessed.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Bizzaro Thanks for reaching out about your connection issues with your printer not connecting. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps? 

Which router settings are you trying to access? Your Xfinity Gateway or your own purchased device? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityKei​ ​ I’m having this exact same problem. The printer has been fine for over a year. Now this. I’ve restarted the router, nothing. I reset to factory on printer and that worked for a few days and now that doesn’t work anymore. When I print connection report, same as above: poor signal though everything else is fine and says FAIL for MAC address filtering check.

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

1 year ago

@user_9295eb 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 6-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here