trdconsult's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 2:47 AM

Employer's VoIP calls unable to come off of hold

My wife works from home for an agency taking customer service calls.  That agency provides the laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad L15-20u4 and headset).  We have a XB7-CM modem/router from Xfinity for our house.  She connects to it via an ethernet cable.

At some point during the past year, something "broke".  She can place someone on hold, but when she brings them back off of hold, they can no longer hear her.  This used to work with this physical setup, but now it doesn't.  She might go a few days without putting someone on hold, so she doesn't know when she lost this functionality.  It was quite a few months ago.

She's not the only one who lost this functionality, and her IT department has been helpless in fixing it.  One of her co-workers tried downgrading their modem, and that did fix the problem with work, but can't get it to work with her own personal computer ... so that's not really an option.  

If we need to buy a router and use the Xfinity router/modem in bridge mode, I can do that, but I want to know it is going to work first.  I'm not convinced that the problem would be fixed with a new router.

Because of security concerns, I can't get at the laptop to explore settings and such.  I'm betting the problem is on her agency end, not on Xfinity's, but I can't prove it.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before, and can you give me some clues as to how to fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, trdconsult! This does sound like it's something on their end. I can double-check everything on the account is good and run all the diagnostics checks to rule out any issues on our end. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@trdconsult @XfinityAntoine 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here