U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 7th, 2021 11:28 PM

Closed

Disabling IPV6 temporarily

I am trying to connect my smart home device (Litter Robot) to my WiFi. The device can only access 2.4 GHZ connections and IPv4 router.

I am currently using the Dual Band XB3 Gateway which has the 5 GHZ AND 2.4 GHZ connections. The only problem I have is that I can't disable the IPv6 to allow my device to connect to the IPv4 address. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

That shouldn't make a difference. If it doesn't understand IPv6, it won't even see it.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

@user_6a4a05 

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the device with the 2.4 band's SSID (broadcast name) and password.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have no issues with separating the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz band. The issue I'm experiencing with is that the device I am trying to connect to the wifi only allows IPv4.

It's probably trying to use the IPv6. Using ipleak.net, I noticed that my primary is IPv6 and the fallback is IPv4.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have to connect my phone to the litter robot's WiFi hotspot, then pair it with my  home WiFi. I have no issue connecting to the robot on my phone, but the robot has issue connecting to my wifi.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Did you find a solution this? I'm in the exact same boat. I'll likely try the XFI in bridge mode and use my old router for wireless. Incredibly frustrating because I already switched everything else over to the new Wifi. This is why nobody wants to use Xfinity hardware. A simple feature that's no available. Luckily I'm not paying for this piece of junk and can return it once the yearly promotion that gives me free unlimited data is up.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. I would like to ask, are you trying to disable ipv6? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

Which poster ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

3 years ago

so if it don't give you the option to shut it off, be creative, set the dhcp range for IPv6 to the same ip, if it will let you, if not not set it one apart, set 2 fake reserve IPs to take up the 2 slots, it wont offer a IP if there is none open, essentially shutting it off   Master the Xb7 Don't Let it Master You

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here