U

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 2:29 PM

data usage

I have called at least 3 time and each time I get an overseas representative, they dont listen to the explanation that it is impossible that we used 3 TB of data in one month when our usage has been around 500 GB since the introduction of streaming. There was only one person in the house when it spiked to 3 TB, then only one person when it spiked to 1.4 TB. They do no investigation, they are not technical staff at all even though they say they are, all they keep saying is that we used the data, I keep repeating that it is impossible and the reasons why, they then say that it must have been a breach. I reply that if it was a breach this it is the Comcast modem that was breached. There is no investigation as to how this is occurring and at what time of the day or night to see if it is actual data usage by the homeowner. I thought that I would check if it is a common occurrence, it appears that it is a very common occurrence and the so called technicians know this but they keep repeating the same thing, it is our problem. It is impossible that so many users are having the same problem, it is definitely a Comcast issue that should be resolved by Comcast. We have been a Comcast are considering changing to fiber that has just been installed in our neighborhood, faster speeds and $50 cheaper per month and local too, no long wait times on the phone and having to talk to customer service people who dont know what they are talking about, just reading a script, technicians that are not technicians. I have asked for a tech  from the usa to call me back but so far after requesting one, no one has called. Reading the comments from others this is a huge problem that Comcast has left unresolved and it obviously angers all users like us because we have not used this data yet we are being charged for overuse of data.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_74m2w2 Welcome to our Xfinity community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can help you answer your questions about data usage. We have a group of experts in our Customer Security Assurance team that have the tools available to investigate more details about the data usage. You can reach out to them here.

2 Messages

I have had this excess data usage issue as well.  I've talked with 25 or so Xfinity technicians.  All promised to solve the issue.  I had been using 280 to 400 GB per month. Then, the reported data use shot up to over 1.2 TB (and to 2.25 TB) in June. I have found on Ars Technica a review that states that Comcast has been reporting unreasonable data increases for many people.  See https://search.app/o7yAWSwsq4Uma5ex9.  Comcast says it will provide refunds.  No Comcast person has told me about this understanding.  Most wanted to sell me unlimited data or simply hung up. Where's my refund?  When will this be solved?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your data concerns. I can see how this would be frustrating and we want to ensure your data usage is being reported correctly. We would recommend you report this issue to our Customer Security Assurance Team, and they can look into this for you. You can report an issue at their website, https://internet-security-site-web.as-g7.cf.comcast.net/help/report-abuse, or reach out to 1-800-Xfinity (800.934.6489) and ask for our CSA Team. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here