Jmbalch79's profile

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 2:16 AM

Closed

Data Usage Meter not showing up

I was just using the Xfinity Assistant chat to see what my data usage was before the outage on 2/7/23, and usually I just enter "DATA" or "USAGE"... Then the data Meter used to pop up.

But now all I get is this message " I can help get you information about your data usage and Internet service plan. "I'm finishing up some checks on your account to get all the information you need. Are you ready for me to proceed?" Followed by "Try Again" and "Search" in selection bubbles.

It doesn't matter what you try, this is the ONLY message you will receive. No data Meter, no data information... Nothing!

All you get is a dumb computer response telling you that it's finishing checks on your account to get information you need... Then it says "shall I proceed"... Then nothing ever happens. This is absurd.

Until 2022 the data usage meter was accessible through XFINITY ASSISTANT CHAT... But all last year that one message was all you'd ever receive in place of the meter. 

Apparently the meter process is broken. But by not letting us see our data usage... Isn't that violating something? If we can't tell how much we use, it can cause overages... Great for Xfinity, bad for it's customers. Northern State customers don't have to worry about the Data Cap... They don't even have a Data Cap, but southern states do... Tell me how that's right? 

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... Apparently the meter process is broken ...

Logging in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices#usage works for me. They may require you to be logged in with a Primary (or Manager?) UserID.  The link doesn't show usage info when I'm logged in with a Member or Viewer UserID. Check your ID at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@BruceW​ im logged in but the usage meter is missing completely. No matter what I try I get same result 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

@Jmbalch79​ There are multiple html header redirects happening on the xfinity site now.  A couple of layers of auth checking, before redirecting to a page too.

It's a bit convoluted, but try it from the front door "xfinity.com".  Then on the top right under "account", try billing or something, not the "sign in" button.  Then, on the top left banner under "your services", try to select "internet".

That's actually a messed up link that redirects to:  https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service?CMP=ILC_Internet_dss-myaccount-dev_au  Now that, may bring up "Your Plan" and the data usage.  If not, it will fail the authentication cookie check and redirect to a generic marketing page.  

If that happens, scroll down to the bottom and find "Already an Xfinity customer" and click sign in there.  After 3 more redirects, you will be at: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/existing/offers-changeplan

Now try the top banner again.  (your services -> internet).  Perhaps you will see it then.  If not, you've got a cookie storage problem, or perhaps browser security problem / script blocker....etc.  Try it with the swiss cheese of internet security -- Bing or Chrome.

Good luck!

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

I'm still not having any luck. I tried everything. Xfinity needs to be responsible and fix this problem themselves. They know about it now, the ball is in their court 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

@Jmbalch79​ If you have the Xfinity app, the following is what worked for me. I prefer the website myself but I couldn't find a way there. 

Start Xfinity app

- Choose "Connect" at the bottom of the screen

- Click on your WiFi name

- Under WiFi details, click on "Advanced settings"

- Click on "Data usage"

- Finally! Monthly Summary should appear

The app has a lot of functionality, especially for those who want to micromanage their family's internet usage, but I wish it provided the basics in a straightforward manner. (This msg is really for product owners and developers, in case they bother to hear customer feedback). 

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

I tried all that too. Same result. No data Meter shows up. I know it's crazy. I don't understand it myself. Ever since 2022 it's been this way

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here