T

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024 5:10 PM

Constant packet loss and network spikes

When gaming, streaming, browsing, or talking with friends over discord I am receiving constant network spikes of upwards of 500+ latency and have a constant 1-2% packet loss during gaming sessions with spikes of around 50-75% packet loss. I have tried all common troubleshooting issues that I can do including replacing the Coaxial cable, ethernet cable, network ports and even within network settings and firewalls in my system. I have a suspicion that it is either the wiring within my apartment, or the server that which I am routed to has an issue. Yes I am connected over ethernet, on Wi-Fi it is even worse.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, @tadashi1CT! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum about your connection trouble! Sounds like you've been pretty thorough with your troubleshooting. We should take a look at your signal levels at this point. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks! 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@tadashi1CT @XfinityFrank 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here